Senior Data Engineer
Boston, USA /
Engineering (Software) /
Summary: Join VideaHealth as key member of our software engineering team to develop secure, scalable and reliable SaaS systems that eventually improve dental health of millions of people.
About us: VideaHealth is a venture-backed startup developing artificial intelligence to automatically detect diseases in dental x-ray imaging. Spun out of MIT in 2018, our prior research has shown that dentists miss up to 50% of dental diseases. VideaHealth helps dentists detect these conditions and effectively communicate treatment recommendations to patients. Our product increases revenue for dentists and has the potential to reduce health risks for over 210 million patients every year in the US alone. We have a strong core team and advisors, are backed by world-renowned VCs and angel-investors, and our work has been featured at MIT and the Wall Street Journal. We have great momentum and are now looking for ambitious talent to join our team!
About the position: We are now looking for a senior software engineer specialized in creating data infrastructure and backend services.
You will join us in our journey to create a state-of-the-art data and machine learning backend. More precisely, you will design, develop and support:
- Data ingestion and processing pipeline for high throughput – ingress of over a million x-ray images per day!
- Data Lake able to store and query petabytes of binary and textual data and the associated metadata, nicely arranged in S3, RDBMS, and NoSQL databases.
- System integration with external customers.
- Infrastructure for efficient data extraction for model training.
- Infrastructure for deployment of machine learning models at scale.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with a keen interest in all things distributed.
- At least 4 years of experience creating secure, reliable and scalable Node.js or Python backend services on AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Hands-on experience in implementing workflows, e.g., with Apache Airflow.
- Hands-on experience in building well-crafted APIs that make the front-end developers smile!
- Experience with complex SQL/NoSQL database designs. Well-versed with schema normalizations and query optimization.
- Experience working in a Docker-first environment with Kubernetes or AWS-ECS
- Strong communication skills that shine through your testable and clean code.
- But, most importantly, believe that your skills should best be used in improving people's lives!
- Share a collaborative work culture in which you can gain experience and grow your technical skills
- Offer competitive pay and equity.
- Offer a flat organization where being senior translates to being a mentor and role model for others.
- Offer a technical challenge that has not yet been described in textbooks!