Director of Dentistry
Clinical & Regulatory/Compliance /
Summary: Join VideaHealth as an executive clinical leader and voice to the Dental community, promoting VideaHealth and its AI solutions in dentistry, and informing the company’s strategy. Work closely with the leadership team, including the CEO and Chief Marketing Advisor, David Edelman, former CMO at Aetna. You will have a central role in driving the company’s mission of impacting millions of people’s lives towards better healthcare.
About us: VideaHealth is a venture-backed startup developing artificial intelligence to automatically detect diseases in dental x-ray imaging. Spun out of MIT in 2018, our prior research has shown that dentists miss up to 50% of dental diseases. VideaHealth helps dentists detect these conditions and effectively communicate treatment recommendations to patients. Our product increases revenue for dentists and has the potential to reduce health risks for over 210 million patients every year in the US alone. In addition, we are helping dental insurance companies streamline their claims review process with AI. We have a strong core team and advisors, and we have raised over $6.5M in seed funding so far. Our investors include Pillar VC (invested in Path AI), Zetta Venture Partners (invested in Tractable), and angel investors like Frederic Kerrest (Co-founder of Okta), Avid Larizadeh Duggan (Former Google Ventures Partner), and Bradley Armstrong (Vice President at Slack). Our work has been featured at Techcrunch and the Wall Street Journal. We have great momentum and are now looking for ambitious talent to join our team!
About the position: As the Director of Dentistry, you will directly work with the CEO. You will take ownership of the external positioning and image of VideaHealth to the Dental Community as well as provide internal guidance to our executive team, especially for product development.
- Contributing to product development with clinical expertise and practice owner/operator experience
- Representing VideaHealth in the dental community includes speaking at conferences, BD calls with DSOs, Insurances, and dental practices
- Sourcing speaking opportunities (webinars, conferences, etc.)
- Working with regulatory bodies to shape the future of AI in dentistry
- Building a network of Key Opinion Leaders
- Placing VideaHealth in key publications, and educating the dental community on our AI solutions and how they work
- 10+ years as a practicing dentist as an owner and operator, ideally at several locations
- Deep understanding of the economics of dental practices (owner/operator)
- Familiarity with the latest trends for new technology in the dental industry
- Strong recognition within the dental industry preferredStrong public speaking skills
- Deep network of relevant stakeholders in the dental industry (dentists, DSO management, insurance management, dental consultants, regulators, etc.)
- Experience using Slack, Google Docs
- Ability to draft high-impact presentations
- Published articles in dental journals and trade publications
- Active social media presence in dental and health professional communities