Senior Data Scientist Internal
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering
As a member of our Data Science team, you will be a fundamental force in shaping our company’s data strategy innovating the $85B digital and linear television advertising market. Your work will have an outsized impact on tools we’re building forecasting, planning, allocation, and audience behavior prediction.
- PhD in Data Science, Physics, Mathematics or other scientific field IS REQUIRED
- Experience building data models, and managing ML pipelines with tools such as R, Python, Julia, and Apache Spark
- SQL fluency and an understanding of relational data models.
- Comfortable in the Linux environment.
- A master of all trades mentality and an ability to embrace new challenges regularly.
- Eager and energized to work with some of the latest open source technologies.
- Authorized to work in the US
- Able to work on-site in Santa Monica
- Working with Pb-scale data sets representing the total US video and TV audiences.
- Building new, and scaling out existing models in support of audience segmenting.
- Working with the data-engineering team to productionize ML pipelines
- Coordinating data models with other engineering teams
- Experience with time series analysis, eg: LSTMs, ARIMA, Etc...
- Working with large Spark applications
- Domain experience with digital and/or linear tv advertising
VideoAmp is a rapidly growing start-up in the video & TV advertising space. We are the marketplace that enables advertisers and content owners to transact on a new cross screen currency. Our vision is to build the most comprehensive video and advanced TV advertising platform available and we’re quickly on our way to achieving that.
The ideal candidate's best qualities are attention to detail and accountability. They need little coaching and excel in self-motivated environments. This is a place for people who want to make a large impact, who have an entrepreneurial spirit, and who are dedicated to personal and professional growth.