London, UK /
At Vidsy we’re building the platform and ecosystem for creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s biggest brands create effective video ads while also providing the opportunities and tools for creators to build their own business and thrive working with these brands! We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity, empowering brands and creators to build value for each other.
It’s exciting times at Vidsy, starting from a London coffee shop to being named as one of Wired’s Hottest Start-Ups, Deloitte's Tech Fast 50 and one of Campaign's 2021 Best Places To Work, and we're continuing to scale across Europe (London) and the US (NYC & LA) too. We’re growing fast and backed by global creative partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google, Twitter and TikTok. Join us and help build a new creative ecosystem where everyone wins!
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing Engineering & Product Department, to help drive meaningful outcomes and deliverables via our Engineering Team, whilst fostering a supportive, high performing and growth oriented environment within our Team.
Within the role you’ll work closely with Vidsy’s C-Suite to regularly communicate achievements coming out of our engineering team, whilst also taking accountability for the results and deliverables of our engineering team as a whole.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Mentoring, supporting and developing our engineers through regular 1:1s, feedback sessions and career tracking.
- Working with senior and principal engineers to maintain a constant understanding of the technical challenges and opportunities our team are currently tackling.
- Working closely with Vidsy’s C-Suite to report on progress of new products and features being rolled out by the Team, and briefing them on the relative intricacies and importance of these deliverables as required.
- Helping break down team milestones into achievable projects that align to Vidsy’s roadmap and Vision.
- Prior experience managing teams of high-performing software engineers.
- Proven track record of scaling up engineering teams.
- Although you maybe ‘hands off’ now, a background in software engineering is essential, and a passion for engineering and constant curiosity that enables you to stay up to date.
- Proven experience taking accountability for technical deliverables through a managerial post.
- An excellent communicator and relationship builder - able to help mentor junior engineers and challenge them to progress within their respective roles, right through to working with C-Suite on achieving Vidsy’s product roadmap and vision.
Our 'Virtual-First' Approach
As a business Vidsy believes in the power of in-person connection and collaboration, but also recognises that the majority of work undertaken by our team can be done so effectively and efficiently in a remote environment. For that reason we're spearheading a 'virtual first' environment, meaning our Team will work remotely the majority of the time - with the right kit and setup to ensure they can do so productively - with 'hubs' for in-person collaboration and team gatherings.
For our UK based Team our hub will be London, meaning we welcome applications from across the UK as long as you're open to travel into London, as and when needed.
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products.
Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.