Go Software Engineer
London, UK /
At Vidsy we’re building the platform and ecosystem for creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s biggest brands create effective video ads while also providing the opportunities and tools for creators to build their own business and thrive working with these brands! We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity, empowering brands and creators to build value for each other.
It’s exciting times at Vidsy, starting from a London coffee shop to being named as one of Wired’s Hottest Start-Ups, Deloitte's Tech Fast 50 and one of Campaign's 2021 Best Places To Work, and we're continuing to scale across Europe (London) and the US (NYC & LA) too. We’re growing fast and backed by global creative partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google, Twitter and TikTok. Join us and help build a new creative ecosystem where everyone wins!
We’re looking for a backend engineer to help us to build and scale the services that power our products. This is a chance to have a real impact and make a difference to the way we code, our culture and the products that are built at Vidsy.
You will be:
- Involved in the end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment to metrics
- Contributing to our technical discussions and architecture
- Working in an autonomous, multi-functional team of developers, QA engineers, designers and product owners
- Sharing a responsibility for maintaining, provisioning and monitoring our AWS infrastructure
We rely heavily on the following tools and technologies:
- Go to write our application code
- AWS for all of our infrastructure
- DynamoDB for most persistent data storage
- SQS and SNS for our event-driven architecture
- A monorepo to structure our codebase
- ECS (Docker) and Lambda to schedule and run our services
- Terraform to provision and manage our infrastructure
- CircleCI for our continuous integration pipelines
- Datadog for monitoring the Vidsy platform
You should apply if you:
- Have experience working with Go at work
- Have strong experience working on the backend of a technology product
- Care about making data-informed decisions which benefit our customers
- Have a good understanding of design patterns and software engineering principles
- Are interested in distributed systems and writing resilient software
- Have an understanding of micro-service oriented architectures
- Are passionate about learning and personal growth
- Are an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating across teams and departments
- This role is based in our London office, where all of Vidsy’s product and engineering team is based
- We are open to distributed working as long as you can spend 2-3 days a week in the London office as required
- Our interview process normally begins with a short phone call with someone from our people team. Following this will be an informal 1 hour video call with our CTO and Head of Engineering to discuss your experience. The process will end with a 2 hour video call aimed at working collaboratively to solve a technical problem, as well as time to meet other team members from product and frontend
Our 'Virtual-First' Approach
As a business Vidsy believes in the power of in-person connection and collaboration, but also recognises that the majority of work undertaken by our team can be done so effectively and efficiently in a remote environment. For that reason we're spearheading a 'virtual first' environment, meaning our Team will work remotely the majority of the time - with the right kit and setup to ensure they can do so productively - with 'hubs' for in-person collaboration and team gatherings.
For our UK based Team our hub will be London, meaning we welcome applications from across the UK as long as you're open to travel into London, as and when needed.
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products.
Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.