Business Intelligence Engineer (Freelance)
London, UK /
At Vidsy we’re building the platform and ecosystem for creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s biggest brands create effective video ads while also providing the opportunities and tools for creators to build their own business and thrive working with these brands! We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity, empowering brands and creators to build value for each other.
It’s exciting times at Vidsy, starting from a London coffee shop to being named as one of Wired’s Hottest Start-Ups, Deloitte's Tech Fast 50 and one of Campaign's 2021 Best Places To Work, and we're continuing to scale across Europe (London) and the US (NYC & LA) too. We’re growing fast and backed by global creative partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google, Twitter and TikTok. Join us and help build a new creative ecosystem where everyone wins!
At Vidsy we understand the importance of data and its key use for improving our decision-making processes. We have already started the journey of transforming Vidsy into a data-driven company, and are now looking for a key team member to help support the growth and development of our Business Intelligence team from a technical, architectural and visualization point of view. Our Business Intelligence is based on a self-service model, working to use data to create solutions for both our Product and to increase our organisational effectiveness.
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Lead, this hands-on role will support the design, development, testing and maintenance of our ETL pipeline and data warehouse used to extract and store data from various core services. You will also work with different business areas on data seeking and visualization initiatives to develop insights. The successful candidate will have an incurable curiosity to understand the story behind the data.
Role & Responsibilities
- Designing, building and deploying scalable ETL solutions
- Data cleansing, validation and transformation activities
- Constructing relational and dimensional data models within a data warehouse
- Maintaining and performance improvements of ETL pipeline
- Collaborating closely with other Vidsy teams to gather requirements, develop specifications and fulfill requests relate to data
- Promote data strategy, data skills and best practices
- Design and provide reports and dashboards to visualize data
- Keep up to date with any business changes in the way we see or calculate metrics and KPIs
- Previous experience as a BI Developer, Data Analyst or Data Scientist
- Knowledge in the creation, design, development and maintenance of ETL pipelines and data warehouses
- Excellent understanding and use of SQL within relational databases with experience of writing optimized database queries
- Working experience of AWS ETL services (Redshift, Glue)
- Skilled in one or more analytic tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Strong website analytics experience, using tools such as Google Analytics, MixPanel and Hotjar
- Good knowledge of REST
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Git or other source control software
- Knowledge of using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with security measures in backend systems
Our ‘Virtual-First’ Hybrid SetUp
As a business Vidsy believes in the power of in-person connection and collaboration, but also recognises that the majority of work undertaken by our team can be done so effectively and efficiently in a remote environment. For that reason we're spearheading a 'virtual first' environment, meaning our Team will work remotely the majority of the time - with the right kit and setup to ensure they can do so productively - with 'hubs' for in-person collaboration and team gatherings.
For our UK based Team our hub will be London, meaning we welcome applications from across the UK as long as you're open to travel into London, as and when needed.
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products.
Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.