Principal Go Software Engineer
London, UK /
At Vidsy we’re building the platform and ecosystem for creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s biggest brands create effective video ads while also providing the opportunities and tools for creators to build their own business and thrive working with these brands! We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity, empowering brands and creators to build value for each other.
It’s exciting times at Vidsy, starting from a London coffee shop to being named as one of Wired’s Hottest Start-Ups, Deloitte's Tech Fast 50 and one of Campaign's 2021 Best Places To Work, and we're continuing to scale across Europe (London) and the US (NYC & LA) too. We’re growing fast and backed by global creative partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google, Twitter and TikTok. Join us and help build a new creative ecosystem where everyone wins!
We’re looking for a Principal / Staff level Go Engineer to help us to build and scale the services that power our innovative products. We use cutting edge technologies such as GoLang, React, Redux and microservices to power our platform and products.
Within the role you'll truly define the standard of coding at Vidsy, joining us at the very highest level (of an individual contributor role) within our Engineering Team. You'll have a huge impact from day 1.
What You'll Be Doing
- Setting the standard for Go Engineering at Vidsy.
- Leading & delivering end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment to metrics.
- Contributing at a senior level to all technical discussions and architecture relating to your squad.
- Working in an autonomous, multi-functional team of developers, QA engineers, designers and product owners.
- Playing a senior level within our Engineering Team - including mentoring and managing other Engineers within your squad.
- Supporting with the hiring of additional Engineers into your squad - from reviewing 'homework' tasks and challenges, through to interviewing potential additions.
- 9+ years experience in software engineering (GoLang, Ruby, Python, PHP and/or C) or equivalent.
- Commercial experience (ideally >2 year) with GoLang and distributed systems.
- Exceptional understanding of design patterns and software engineering principles.
- Pragmatic approach to writing unit and integration tests.
- An extensive understanding of large micro-service oriented architectures.
- Prior experience mentoring Junior Engineers.
Our ‘Virtual-First’ Hybrid SetUp
As a business Vidsy believes in the power of in-person connection and collaboration, but also recognises that the majority of work undertaken by our team can be done so effectively and efficiently in a remote environment. For that reason we're spearheading a 'virtual first' environment, meaning our Team will work remotely the majority of the time - with the right kit and setup to ensure they can do so productively - with 'hubs' for in-person collaboration and team gatherings.
For our UK based Team our hub will be London, meaning we welcome applications from across the UK as long as you're open to travel into London, as and when needed.
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products.
Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.