London, UK /
At Vidsy we’re building the platform and ecosystem for creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s biggest brands create effective video ads while also providing the opportunities and tools for creators to build their own business and thrive working with these brands! We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity, empowering brands and creators to build value for each other.
It’s exciting times at Vidsy, starting from a London coffee shop to being named as one of Wired’s Hottest Start-Ups, Deloitte's Tech Fast 50 and one of Campaign's 2021 Best Places To Work, and we're continuing to scale across Europe (London) and the US (NYC & LA) too. We’re growing fast and backed by global creative partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google, Twitter and TikTok. Join us and help build a new creative ecosystem where everyone wins!
- You will be leading, nurturing and inspiring your team of software engineers, and with your leadership they deliver the best work of their careers.
- You enable their success by establishing high standards, effective processes and a culture that empowers them to act bravely, without fear of failure.
- You draw on broad and deep technical skills to ensure your team is delivering the perfect solution, and is continuously progressing towards a modern and relevant technical vision.
- You know all about building and running reliable and scalable systems and you’re comfortable providing in depth, hands-on mentoring for your team.
- Your strong product sensibilities allow you to partner with Product Management to shape an ambitious product roadmap, which you’re trusted to deliver.
- You have clear ownership for a core part of our platform yet you also step up to ensure that Product Engineering is successful in its broader goals.
What you’ll do
- Nurture a high performing team of engineers, with responsibility for hiring, coaching, career development and managing performance.
- Partner with Product Management to develop a compelling vision and product roadmap for your squad.
- Lead the continuous delivery of innovative, high impact, products.
- Instill a culture of engineering excellence, ensuring your squad delivers high quality production ready code, and excellent service provision.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve the pace at which your squad delivers.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience as an Engineering Manager, Engineering Lead, or a role with substantial people management and technical delivery responsibilities.
- 6+ years as a Software Engineer, or similar technical contributor role.
- Active hands on skills in designing and developing software.
Our ‘Virtual-First’ Hybrid SetUp
As a business Vidsy believes in the power of in-person connection and collaboration, but also recognises that the majority of work undertaken by our team can be done so effectively and efficiently in a remote environment. For that reason we're spearheading a 'virtual first' environment, meaning our Team will work remotely the majority of the time - with the right kit and setup to ensure they can do so productively - with 'hubs' for in-person collaboration and team gatherings.
For our UK based Team our hub will be London, meaning we welcome applications from across the UK as long as you're open to travel into London, as and when needed.
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products.
Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.