Senior Product Designer
London, UK /
At Vidsy we’re building the platform and ecosystem for creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s biggest brands create effective video ads while also providing the opportunities and tools for creators to build their own business and thrive working with these brands! We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity, empowering brands and creators to build value for each other.
It’s exciting times at Vidsy, starting from a London coffee shop to being named as one of Wired’s Hottest Start-Ups, Deloitte's Tech Fast 50 and one of Campaign's 2021 Best Places To Work, and we're continuing to scale across Europe (London) and the US (NYC & LA) too. We’re growing fast and backed by global creative partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google, Twitter and TikTok. Join us and help build a new creative ecosystem where everyone wins!
Now is the time to join as a Senior Product Designer and be part of shaping our product team, defining what our process looks like and how we approach innovation. We’re growing at an incredible rate, so you will too.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary squad you’ll lead all aspects of designing the cutting edge product that allows brands and our creative team to work productively with our community of creators.
What you'll do
- Lead all aspects of product design for an entire B2B product.
- Systematically understand the goals and business processes of our users.
- Turn complex processes and interactions into simple, beautiful solutions that allow our users to accomplish their goals.
- Work as part of a squad with Product Management, Engineering and QA, to ensure your designs become a beautiful, delivered product.
- Help to grow our Product Design capability by coaching other Product Designers and contributing to our Design System.
- Contribute towards how we work and how we produce world class outcomes. Challenging the status quo is encouraged, so you’ll have the autonomy to make change for the better.
What you'll bring
- Experience building applications/software/products that encompass an end-to-end experience, utilising a strong design process.
- Empathise -a track record of finding novel solutions and of re-inventing workflows to make your users’ life simpler and more productive. Comfortable facilitating and running workshops/interviews with clients and ability to incorporate research findings into designs.
- Define -strong User Research skills, with a track record of using quantitative and qualitative research methods. Ability to use wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, storyboards, and mock ups to communicate the user experience and proactively identify problems.
- Ideate -strong Interaction and Visual Design skills, with a track record of crafting major features and workflows. Designing with consistency, attention to detail, and knowledge of inclusivity and accessibility.
- Prototype - proficient in delivering high-fidelity prototypes that are functional and delight the user. Able to iterate swiftly to enable continuous improvements.
- Test - use feedback of all varieties to proactively present your work and design decisions to cross-functional stakeholders ensuring confidence in final outcomes.
- 4+ years of relevant Product Design experience (or equivalent), covering UX, UI and User Research.
- Able to showcase your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Mastery of standard interactive design tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Principle, Figma, or similar software.
- Experience with user monitoring tools such as Hotjar, MixPanel and Google Analytics.
- Through your understanding of business objectives, proactively identify problems to solve and new opportunities to explore.
- 📞 30 minute phone call - to discuss the role and find out what you're looking for.
- 💻 60 minute video call - meeting our Lead Product Designer to dive into your experience to date.
- 💻 + 🗂 90 minute video call with case study presentation - your chance to really show us what you can do. You'll present back a case study of your choice to a small panel of our Product & Engineering Team.
Our 'Virtual-First' Approach
As a business Vidsy believes in the power of in-person connection and collaboration, but also recognises that the majority of work undertaken by our team can be done so effectively and efficiently in a remote environment. For that reason we're spearheading a 'virtual first' environment, meaning our Team will work remotely the majority of the time - with the right kit and setup to ensure they can do so productively - with 'hubs' for in-person collaboration and team gatherings.
For our UK based Team our hub will be London, meaning we welcome applications from across the UK as long as you're open to travel into London, as and when needed.
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products.
Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.