London, UK /
At Vidsy we’re building the platform and ecosystem for creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s biggest brands create effective video ads while also providing the opportunities and tools for creators to build their own business and thrive working with these brands! We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity, empowering brands and creators to build value for each other.
It’s exciting times at Vidsy, starting from a London coffee shop to being named as one of Wired’s hottest start-ups, Deloitte's Tech Fast 50, and scaling across Europe (London) and the US (NYC & LA). We’re growing fast and backed by global creative partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google, Twitter and TikTok. Join us and help build a new creative ecosystem where everyone wins!
We’re looking for a proactive, technically-minded and organised test engineer to join the Vidsy product and engineering team. You will work very closely with all of the other roles in the team, helping at all stages of the product development lifecycle. We are looking for someone who can work autonomously and help to build upon our existing mature testing framework. The role is a mixture of automated and manual testing, as well as covering many different areas of testing (browser, accessibility, load, security and contract). This is a chance to have a real impact, where your contributions make a difference and you will have a say in the way code, culture and product are built at Vidsy.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working in an autonomous, multi-functional team of developers, QA engineers, designers and product owners
- Performing automated and manual testing of the Vidsy platforms
- Adding to the existing mature automated browser test framework, as well as contributing to accessibility, load, security and contract testing
- Being an advocate for quality, encouraging developers at all levels to write higher quality, testable software
Our Tech Stack
- WebdriverIO for automated browser testing
- Pa11y for accessibility testing
- Locust for load/performance testing
- Typescript to write our front-end application code
- Go to write our back-end application code
- AWS for all of our infrastructure
- DynamoDB for most persistent data storage
- SQS and SNS for our asynchronous message queue
- Monorepos to structure our codebases
- ECS (Docker) and Lambda to schedule and run our services
- Terraform to provision and manage our infrastructure
- CircleCI for our continuous integration pipelines
- Datadog for monitoring the Vidsy platform
- Good knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- A keen eye for detail and enthusiasm for quality
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience implementing automated test suites, that validate software conformance to defined acceptance criteria, design documentation and application standards
- Ability to understand both product and engineering domains, and apply QA best practices to both
- Any experience with Typescript, WebdriverIO, Behaviour Driven Development, Docker and DevOps would be a strong plus!
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products.
Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.