Director of Product
Village Capital seeks a visionary product professional to lead the firm’s product and technology strategy. Our organization finds, trains, and invests in entrepreneurs solving real world problems in economic opportunity and environmental sustainability. Since 2009 Village Capital has invested in over 70 ventures across 15 countries, with 12 exits, and supported hundreds more through our collaborative investment-readiness process. In this time, we have built award-winning curriculum and tools to enable early stage companies to become investment-ready and reduce bias in the investment process.
We’re now looking for an experienced product leader to drive customer discovery, design, development, and implementation of products that leverage the firm’s data, expertise, and existing content and tools. If you’re excited about enabling the best entrepreneurs solving major global problems to become investment-ready and scale their companies, we’d love to talk to you.
The Director of Product will:
- Manage and coach a small product team, dispersed globally;
- Develop a product roadmap, working alongside business development, marketing, communications, and program teams. This includes customer discovery, marketing, product positioning, feature prioritization and pricing strategy;
- Launch several products that leverage tools, frameworks, and content that Village Capital has built over the past 8 years, including: 1)An online tool to enable entrepreneurs to become investment-ready and match them with investors who would be a good fit for them; 2)An online tool that identifies high potential founding teams, leveraging data Village Capital has collected from thousands of companies;3)Pricing and marketing strategy for selling licenses for Village Capital’s curriculum and program management tools externally;
- Manage the product development cycle including collecting and managing product requirements, overseeing product development, and planning releases;
- Proactively market and present the product to potential customers in partnership with business development.
Traits we’re looking for:
- You have 8+ years of product management experience, with 2+ years in a supervisory role;
- You understand the needs of Village Capital’s major stakeholders: entrepreneurs, investors, and entrepreneur support organizations;
- You’re passionate about entrepreneurship and the prospect of supporting talented entrepreneurs around the world in building successful businesses to solve major problems in society;
- You have extensive experience building technology tools;
- You have experience in business process analysis, having conducted this type of analysis in previous roles to take an overall look at an organization, identify gaps and opportunities, and prioritize how to leverage technology to fill gaps, increase efficiency, and develop new revenue streams.