Village Capital Communications Intern
Interested in entrepreneurship and making an impact? Want to hone your writing and communications skills in a fast-paced, high-impact environment?
Village Capital is seeking an enthusiastic, organized and creative communications intern based out of Washington, DC, for an immediate start date and flexible end date. The intern will support the work of the communications department, a critical function in helping deliver on Village Capital’s mission to democratize entrepreneurship.
The scope of the role comprises implementing core elements of our strategic communications plan, including interacting with journalists, managing our social media presence, and developing original written content, as well as providing research support for developing new communications initiatives.
About Village Capital
Village Capital sources, trains and invests in entrepreneurs solving “real-world problems” in Health, Education, Clean Energy, Financial Inclusion and Food & Agriculture. Village Capital has teams and portfolio companies in the U.S, Mexico, India and Africa. We democratize entrepreneurship by putting the power of investment in the hands of entrepreneurs themselves.
- Develop content for Village Capital’s social media and analyze trends to determine which content performs best
- Write press releases and pitch reporters for public events in the US, Mexico, India and Kenya
- Edit and post content for the Village Capital blog Medium page
- Assist in a redesign of the Village Capital website, including strategic design thinking and content development
- Provide research support on media targets, coverage and industry data for communications projects and reports
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with senior leadership, media and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Village Capital - supporting entrepreneurs solving real world problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Graphic design skills are a plus
Interns will be paid a monthly stipend of $1000.