The way we invest in ideas is broken. Nearly half of all venture capital in the world is invested in just three US states. In 2016, women received just 2% of venture capital funding. Entrepreneurship has the potential to transform society and spur dramatic social change, but the vast majority of mainstream capital goes to a small number of entrepreneurs of similar backgrounds based in just a all set few places.
At Village Capital, we’re building a different system. Over the last seven years, Village Capital’s unique “peer selection” approach has changed the conversation and brought new transparency to investing in entrepreneurs. We’ve supported over 600 companies and made 80 early stage investments around the world. 90% of our portfolio is based outside Silicon Valley, New York, and Boston; nearly 40% of our companies are led by women; and 100% of our companies are pursuing solutions to expand economic opportunity or drive environmental sustainability around the world. To date, 90% of these ventures are still operating, and a dozen have already exited profitably. As a Logistics Coordinator you will be responsible for coordination and execution for our entrepreneurs workshops across sectors.
- Managing vendors and ordering processes.
- Quarterbacking day-of-event logistics for workshops across our US Programs.
- Coordinating travel accommodations for guests attending workshops.
- Monitoring and tracking program deposits.
- Developing and maintain ongoing relationships with outside event service providers and subcontractors to ensure service quality and value standards are achieved.
- Collaborating with Program Managers across sectors to plan and execute entrepreneur events.
Traits we're looking for:
- You’re passionate about the role that entrepreneurs play in solving major global problems.
- You’re excited about collaborating with a range of stakeholders to coordinate exceptional events.
- You are detail-oriented and professional. You’re meticulous and can easily manage deadlines and prioritize your time, and created systems to ensure no detail is missed.
- You are committed to delivering only the highest-quality results and love exceeding expectations.
- You demonstrate Hospitality and Grace. You always have a “Plan B” in mind. You can anticipate the needs of external stakeholders and proactively prepare to meet and exceed expectations.
- 2-3 years of event planning and coordinating event logistics.
- Investment and/or social business experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to travel 50% of time.