2017 Summer Internship
The way we invest in new ideas is broken. Billions of dollars go to the hands of a few people, in a few US states, who then tend to invest in people in their networks and ZIP codes. The outcome: entrepreneurs aren’t solving the most important problems in society, such as health, education, energy, agriculture, water, financial inclusion.
Village Capital is on a mission to change the status quo, reinventing venture capital by sourcing, training, and investing in entrepreneurs solving challenges critical to the future of society. We build communities around entrepreneurs ensuring business success. Our core innovation—a peer-selected investment model—delivers better results for both entrepreneurs and investors.
This summer we are looking to hire a dynamic group of interns to work with our global team. Interns will be assigned to specific teams and be responsible for their own projects and deliverables. Our intention is that interns will develop the skills and experience necessary to launch successful careers in entrepreneurship.
Specific internship assignments include:
· Entrepreneur Recruitment: Assist our sector specific program team as they identify and recruit entrepreneurs to future Village Capital programs. Interns will conduct secondary research, manage data entry and integrity
· Program Operations: Help our program teams to plan and deliver entrepreneur workshops and public events. Interns will assist in logistics planning, material preparation, program communications, and social media.
· Business Development: Our business development team is responsible for developing future programs. As an intern for the team, you will conduct research on potential funders, learn to manage a robust CRM system, and prepare collateral materials and proposals.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Strong interest in entrepreneurship and/or venture capital
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must be organized and work well with constant priority changes
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimal supervision
· Sense of fun and adventure!
Interns will be paid a monthly stipend of $1000.
The application deadline is March 1, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.