FinTech Associate- Latin America
Mexico City, Mexico
Want to get in at the ground floor helping great startups change the world?
Village Capital is seeking a motivated, energetic associate who is excited about supporting the highest potential FinTech entrepreneurs in Latin America. In this role, you’ll support Village Capital’s Latin America FinTech practice, which discovers, develops and invests in top FinTech entrepreneurs from Latin America increasing financial health for underserved populations. You’ll play a critical role in the execution of Village Capital’s upcoming FinTech Latin America 2017 program, working alongside the Regional Manager to source the top FinTech companies in the region, implement a 3-month investment-readiness training program, and oversee peer-selected investment into the top ventures coming out of the program.
Your role involves four main responsibilities
● Sourcing: You’ll identify and recruit high-potential companies to apply for the Village Capital FinTech Latin America 2017 program.
● Due diligence: You’ll manage the application and selection process for the program.
● Programming: You’ll plan and implement three investment-readiness workshops for the participating ventures.
● Community-building: You’ll engage a community of sector experts, investors, and strategic partners to support the participating ventures.
If you’re looking to gain experience in entrepreneurship or startup investing in in Mexico, while gaining valuable experience in project management and program delivery, this role will help you launch your career.
Source the highest potential FinTech companies working in Latin America
● Identify a robust pipeline of startups that meet Village Capital’s investment criteria.
● Act as a point of contact for interested entrepreneurs, manage these relationships, and actively recruit high-potential entrepreneurs to apply to the Fintech Latin America 2017 program.
● Engage potential company pipeline partners—individuals, companies and organizations that can refer high-quality startups/applicants or otherwise contribute to our scouting strategy that improves our understanding of FinTech.
● Aggregate application materials and prepare the selection committee as it deliberates which companies to admit into the program.
● Work with the Latin America team to develop and maintain a regional database of investors who could support entrepreneurs during the program.
● Research the FinTech market trends in the countries of focus to hone pipeline development strategy and improve assessment of program applicants.
Oversee Execution of the Investment Readiness Program for the FinTech Latin America 2017 program (Due diligence/Programming)
● Oversee logistical implementation of core program sessions and associated special events.
● Work with Regional Manager to communicate with partner organizations to ensure effective delivery of content and managing events.
● Help to lead and facilitate program sessions, experience permitting.
● Adapt existing program materials FinTech Latin America 2017 program and help translate into Spanish necessary materials for cohort, partners, and mentors.
● Lead relations with program mentors and investors, ensuring that they make meaningful connections with entrepreneurs.
Traits we’re looking for:
● You’re excited about finding and working with the top FinTech entrepreneurs in Latin America
● You’re interested in exploring a career in entrepreneurship or early-stage investing.
● You are an effective project manager
● You’re looking to build your network
This role will constantly be explaining the value of the program to entrepreneurs, pipeline partners and others.You are excited about taking a broad pipeline of entrepreneurs and leading an analytically rigorous process that identifies the best investment opportunities.
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Commitment to accuracy, highest-quality results, going above and beyond assignments.
● Demonstrated interest in emerging markets and entrepreneurship.
● Fluent in written and spoken business-level Spanish and English
Compensation: This is a contract position. Stipend will be determined based on experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Village Capital team. Unfortunately, we may not have the capacity to answer individual candidate questions until qualified candidates reach the interview stage.