Internal Controls, Risk Management and Compliance Manager
VEON – Finance
Learn below about your first 30, 60 and 90 days in your next role. Apply and join us now!
Our team & you
Our VEON Internal Controls, Risk Management and Risk Assurance Transformation team works globally with stakeholders across all departments, geographies and levels to embed risk and control thinking into the organization and create value as a business advisor on strategic transformations.
As Internal Controls, Risk Management (ICRM) and Compliance Manager you will be responsible for contributing to the implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) across VEON, supporting the delivery of VEON’s strategic and business objectives and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
You will provide expertise, support and advice in areas of governance, policies, internal control and compliance. Additionally, you will ensure the effectiveness of VEON’s internal control framework and will support local companies to ensure effective risk management and successful embedding of controls in the organization.
You will manage the BWise risk and control management tool and will conduct trainings on risk management and internal controls methodology and practices across the Group when required.
This position is based in Kiev, reporting to the Head of ICRM and Compliance Center of Excellence, with direct report to HQ. Extensive travelling across the Group companies is required.
Within 30 days you will:
· Become part of a global and multicultural team, working on different initiatives
· Get familiar with the VEON Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls processes, frameworks and tools
· Build relationships with your colleagues both locally and internationally and start exchanging information
· Start maintaining risk management and internal control information and tooling (BWise)
Within 60 days you will:
· Support /participate in thorough risk assessments; collect and analyze risk data to prepare meaningful risk reports to Group Enterprise Risk Management
· Travel to your 1st operating country to conduct a walkthrough / quality review of internal control testing and prepare your first summary on how internal control framework could be improved
· Help prepare your first report to management, audit committee or other relevant committees with regards to the effectiveness of the SOX control framework including recommendation on required improvements and related actions
· Become a key-user for BWise and start providing BWise functional support on configuration, testing tool, training materials
Within 90 days you will:
· Support the embedding of the Enterprise Risk Management process in all BU/OpCo’s and functions
· Provide support to business units in the area of control design and optimization
· Manage annual cycle for Group SOX compliance in line with RACI
· Contribute to the development and delivery of risk management and internal controls training to all BU’s/OpCo’s and functions
· Showcase your dynamic approach, and will to challenge the status quo by identifying opportunities for efficiency, knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
· Champion a culture of risk and control culture to and actively work to embed it within the business
· You hold a relevant Master’s/Bachelor’s degree (RO, RC, MBA or other) and a CPA certification (or equivalent). Risk Management/ IC/ Compliance/ CFE qualification is a plus
· You have at least 6-8 years of total work experience, preferably within a Big4, Telco or similar
· You have work experience in business analysis, auditing, risk advisory, compliance, anti-corruption; experience with GRC type of tools (such as BWISE) is a plus
· Knowledge of BWise, in particular BWise Risk Management process and Business Objects reporting is a plus
· You have proven knowledge of industry economics, COSO, Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC/PCAOB regulations and FCPA
· You have in-depth understanding of Internal Control and an understanding of which issues are relevant for SOX compliance
· You have a strong technical/management background in Risk Management and best practices (ERM, ORM, COSO etc.)
· You have strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint skills
· You are results oriented and accurate, you are skilled at planning and organizing and are able to see the big picture
· You are a pioneer. Your pro-active, can-do-attitude, your strong team spirit and natural leadership potential inspire positive energy and motivation within your work environment
· You’re a fast learner with ability to adapt to change quickly
· You are used to working in international, cross-functional environments and are willing to travel extensively
· You are a great communicator and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Russian and you produce and deliver high quality review reports suitable for presentation to executives
· You demonstrate a high level of integrity, compliance and professionalism
More about us:
Discover moments of awesomeness and our careers blog --> http://bit.ly/2lXbUxi
For the latest updates follow us on LinkedIn --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
Do you want to be part of a team that engages with over 220 million customers across 10 rising markets? Do you want to pioneer new experiences to hundreds of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? We are doing things never thought possible.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
VEON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VEON employees or any other company location. VEON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.