JAZZ – Commercial
Last date to apply: 12-July-2019
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz has a set of very strong organisational values; it expects its employees to build a unique culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development. The values all Jazz employees exhibit and expected to practice are being entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, customer obsessed and truthful.
Our team & you
We are a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success and to continue and change the lives of our 57+ million customers.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
- Within 30 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where the candidate will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products
· Meet relevant stakeholders and teams handling various business streams such as Pricing, Data & Devices, VAS, Market Research, Segments, Regional Business Units, Commercial Planning, Sourcing and Finance etc.
· Develop understanding of the Jazz brand, its philosophy, brand strategy and creative direction
· Develop understanding of various systems and process that will play an active role in day to day activities like company policies, financial & compliance procedures and so on
· Build a steady working relationship with the creative agency
· Review of all systems and processes for the Brands Unit
- Within 60 days, you will:
· Work towards building a relationship with relevant stakeholders e.g. Ops, Media and Digital units
· Liaison with various business teams to fulfil their operational needs
· Work with relevant agencies and partners to develop, analyse, review and recommend solutions, which matches the business needs, & deliver on requirements.
· Gain understanding of the competitors’ strategy & working
- Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Review various business information sources (Business Intelligence Reports, Brand Health Trackers, Traffic, ARPU & churn figures)
- Closely monitor the successful ideas in the regional/global telecom markets and evaluate them for local implementation
Key Expectations from the Role/Candidate
The role of the Brand Specialist is to ensure seamless delivery of communication and campaign plans. The Brand Specialist is expected to:
· Be quick in concluding assigned tasks
· Develop optimised communication and collateral for each touch point in the marketing mix
· Be able to deliver short-notice projects
· Have a good understanding of target audience and customers
· have strong creative, analytical and organization skills.
· Build good working relationships with internal and external stake holders, ensuring timely and prompt completion of various tasks
· Be agile and fit in the dynamic world of the telco industry.
· be collaborative and, as such, the occupier of this position has to work closely with all relevant stakeholders.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were and still are the market leaders with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who can bring fresh ideas and have a hunger to deliver challenging projects. Able to learn quickly, and understand the customer base and target audience of the Jazz Brand. The ideal candidate exhibits integrity, is a good leader who inspires others specially the direct team, is able to develop and harness relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
A bit about us:
Brands is the driving function of the Marketing Communication team within the Marketing Department of Commercial Division. The team is responsible to define and execute the Brand Strategy of the organization across all touchpoints.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 19 member team (including the department head) with 04 sub teams
· You will be part of a 07 member sub-team reporting to the Assistant Brand Manager
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· To ensure Jazz brand team delivers on business priorities and contributes towards the bottom line
· Drive the area with innovation to provide integration between various marketing touchpoints
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
- Ability to build strong relationships with External Teams: Creative agencies, Business Partners etc.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams: Brands, Media, Brands, Digital. Finance, Marketing, Sales, PR/CSR, Procurement etc.
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
- Effectively contribute to delivering campaigns
- Follow all systems, processes and hierarchies of the team
One must have technology the candidate should have
The candidate for this position must also be highly proficient in Ms Word, PowerPoint, and Ms Excel, which will be necessary for the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations.
· Time management, organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
· Keen to learn
· Adaptive to the culture and dynamics of the team and department
· Be self-driven and motivated
· Be able to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Have a good understanding of college level business management, brand development and marketing communication tools and relevant frameworks
· Problem-solving skills
· Team player
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.