Senior Legal Counsel
BANGLALINK – Legal, Compliance, Forensic & Internal Audit
· Provide legal guidance and support to various functions under Commercial, Technology & Supply Chain.
· Draft and Vet agreements and legal documents from legal and regulatory perspective and arrange to execute the agreement.
· Prepare agreement template as and when required for any business functions of the company.
· Periodically review the existing agreement templates and propose and execute the improvement/ amendment/ modification and any other changes to the agreement.
· Extend support to resolve disputes with the vendor, supplier etc.
· Participate in negotiation with the vendor, supplier or any 3rd party and best protect the company’s interest.
· Conduct research on law and regulation relating to company’s business, commercial and regulatory matters.
· Give legal opinion on commercial matters based on relevant laws and regulations.
· Review the Group policies and procedures and find possibilities for adoption of the same in the internal policy of the company from time to time.
· Identify legal risk/issues in existing business activities, maintain a legal risk register, regularly follow up the same and draw and execute the mitigation plan.
Required Academic Qualifications
· LL.B (Hons), LL.M/Barrister-at-law preferable
· 6 - 8 years of thorough work experience in the Legal arena preferably, in the Telecom Industry.
· Enrolled as an Advocate with Bangladesh Bar Council
Required Knowledge & Skills
· Through knowledge on Contract Law, Telecommunication Law, Digital Security Act, ICT Act, Commercial laws, Company Law, land law and regulatory matters.
· Have clear understanding and knowledge of commercial aspects particularly telecommunication services.
· Have sufficient experience in the execution process of Contract by adhering with the Company’s process and policies.
· Detailed knowledge of market/industry trends
· Clear understanding of Company’s goal and ability to plan strategically to achieve the goals
· Very good in legal drafting
· Very good in legal opinion writing
· Have good command in English language and computer
If you are interested to pursue a career with us and you have the required experience & skills, please apply with an updated CV on or before September 12 , 2019.
Banglalink, one of the leading digital communications service providers in Bangladesh with over 32 million subscribers, and a subsidiary of Netherlands based company VEON Ltd.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
Follow us in our company page www.linkedin.com/company/banglalink to learn more about Banglalink and our career opportunities.
“ Thank you for your application. Please note that your resume will be stored with us for the purpose of present and future recruitments only.”