Head of Internal Control & Risk Management
JAZZ – Finance
Head of Internal Control & Risk Management
Last Date to Apply: 19th July 2019
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz has a set of very strong organizational values, it expects its employees to build a unique culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development. The values all Jazz employees exhibit and expected to practice are being entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, customer obsessed and truthful.
Our team & you
We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success and to continue and change the lives of our 58+ million customers.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU?
JAZZ has one of the most innovative Finance function in the country which operates in a dynamic challenging environment. JAZZ has implemented SOX controls in the company while it also relies on baseline benchmarking by VEON Group. As an OpCo it has one of the lowest deficiency/delinquency ratios in the VEON Group.
Head of Internal Control and Risk Management will be responsible to ensure the company operates under a strong risk and controls program based on best practices and strong ERM continuous process improvement models. This role will require analyzing processes, identifying operational and financial risks, leading periodic testing, and recommending key controls to mitigate risks including the operational areas of recording and reporting revenue. The role will also be responsible to ensure that all controls are appropriately designed, periodically, executed and archived for future monitoring and review.
· Proactive identification, reporting, and monitoring of operational risks and mitigating controls to maintain an efficient control environment in all of JAZZ and its subsidiaries
· Oversee appropriate control design for operational risks and its implementation in collaboration with relevant control and process owners and remove redundancies where necessary in addition to introducing automation where appropriate
· Ensure rollout and compliance of policies and procedures that support maintenance of an optimal control environment.
· Lead monitoring and testing of the robustness of internal control environment of the organization. This would include external audits and reviews including the SOX audit by external auditors, and internal testing through Management Self Assessment, and AIRA
· Prepare appropriate reports where required, and ensure timely remediation of identified control deficiencies
Compliance Controls Design and Testing
· Custodian of Compliance Control Framework and its implementation across JAZZ and its subsidiaries
· Work closely with Compliance to ensure CCF Controls are rolled out correctly, tested periodically as per stated design and appropriate remedial plans are implemented for identified deficiencies
Enterprise Risk Management
· Develop, implement and maintain an ERM reporting framework in line with Group policy and requirements.
· Assess and maintain risk maturity profile of the organization
· Oversee compiling and maintenance of Risk Registers covering strategic, operational, compliance and regulatory risks.
· Facilitate utilization of tools and models for risk assessment and risk response through mitigating actions
The structure of the team you will join is:
You will be based in Islamabad and will be reporting directly to Head of Financial Control, Risk and Tax. You will have four team members reporting into you.
A bit about you:
- We are looking for someone who has experience of designing, implementing and testing controls
- Knowledge of SOX design and regulations
- ICRM Exposure including enterprise risk management
- Oracle usage experience and understanding of Oracle system-based Controls
Essential skills for this role:
· Ability to communicate well
· Ability to collaborate and work in a team
· Extremely strong ethical background
· Truthful and empathetic
· Someone who can balance the big picture risks as well as granular level operational controls
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.