Expert Software Developer (back-end)
JAZZ – Digital Financial Services
Last Date to Apply: Sunday, 16th February 2020
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 58 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
- Within 30 days you will:
· Familiarize yourself with the team structure, internal and external stakeholders and company processes.
· Start understanding DFS products portfolio Eco system, get understanding with product architectures, External/Inter System integrations.
· In First 30 days, you are responsible for learning JazzCash Echo system, External/Internal System integrations.
· Knowledge of the how JazzCash Services work.
-Within 60 days, you will:
· Own product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration.
· Plan the launches of new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
· Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
· Establish a good working relationship with relevant stakeholders for digital financial services vendors, product development, business and bank teams.
· Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
· Track subscriber complaints and take corrective measures.
· By the end of 60 days, you need to know System flows, detailed application & network architecture and software (mobile apps, portals, APIs) development. By that time, you will also be working on DFS projects as Micro services Developer and DevOps engineer.
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· You will be working on your projects without any supervision.
· Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
· Master the tasks highlighted above as deliverables for the first 90 days.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.
A bit about you:
· We are looking for experienced Back-end developer to join our IT team! As a Back-end Developer, you will be responsible for the server-side web application logic as well as for the integration of the front-end part.
· Delivered on challenging projects and has taken end-to-end responsibility from ideation, planning, development, testing to roll out phases.
· The individual should have proven record of accomplishment of product development and project management skills; these skills are the cornerstone for this job role.
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
· Experience developing .NET Core web services required
A bit about us:
Our mission is to give every Pakistani access to wealth, health and happiness through an easy to understand, universally accessible and secure ecosystem. In DFS, we implement new ideas to serve our clients.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 6-member team (including the department head)
The main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Focus on coding, debugging and collaborate with Front-end developers.
· Proficient in design and development of Micro-services based software
· Sound knowledge of RESTful APIs
· Design and Develop product architecture along with successful development and delivery of DFS digital products with solutions having properties for future scalability, robust, fault tolerance.
· Knowledge and understanding of Data Integration solutions. Experience in implementing Reporting tools like ELK and exposure to Data visualization
· Experience in database design for RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle)
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
· Ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams: Business, Tech, PD
· Ability to build strong relationships with External Teams: Vendor and IT Teams
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Design and Develop Web APIs, RESTful Services using micro services Kubernetes and Docker
· Responsible for developing integrations on different DFS platforms by utilizing DevOps tools.
The must has past experiences the best candidate should have.
· Having 5+ years of hands on development experience Enterprise, Web Applications and Services.
· Responsible for Back-end frameworks to build server-side software for DFS using latest tools and technologies with focus on Agility and Automation through DevOps.
· Evaluating and aligning the design of all DFS related projects w.r.t the best architectural practices.
· Ensuring delivery of the assigned tasks in line with the department’s KPIs.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact with all technical and non-technical members of the organization.
· Play a key role in product development and act as a trustworthy advisor to management in architectural decisions.
· Educating self and team members on emerging technologies and coordinating with the line manager to induct those into the mainline development.
· Drive innovations in the product constantly to remain ahead of the curve
· Balance short-term versus long-term actions, strategic versus tactical requirements, while continuing to move forward towards the strategic vision
The must has technologies the candidate should have experience.
· Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
· Prior Software Development Experience in web services and web development (Java, .Net, Bootstrap, jQuery)
· Comfortable integrating 3rd party APIs
· System Analysis & Product designing
· Excellent Understanding of the Web Services Layer and the business logic associated with developing the Web Services Layer.
· Web Services & Integrations Experience (RESTful, SOAP) using Kubernetes and Docker
· Strong concepts related to Design Patterns, SOA and micro service architecture.
· Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
· Git for source code management
· Jenkins or similar CI/CD tools
· Micro services tools (Kubernetes, Dockers)
· Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus / TIBCO / WSO2.
· Good SQL & Database Skills (Oracle and MySQL)
· Hands on experience in oracle database, packages, store procedures, functions.
· Load and stress testing (JMeter)
· Financial system Knowledge
Essential skills must have:
· Development core concepts
· Project planning
· Team player
· Can do attitude
· Open to changes
· Continues R&D on latest tools and technologies
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.