Transfer Pricing Specialist
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
VEON – Finance
Learn below about your first 30, 60 and 90 days in your next role. Apply and join us now!
As a Transfer Pricing Specialist, you will be part of the Group Tax team (reporting to Group Tax Director) and you will play a key role in coordinating the Transfer Pricing activities at Group level. Working on a variety of international compliance, research, consulting and planning issues. Whilst the VEON Operating Companies are solely accountable and responsible for compliance to local Transfer Pricing obligations, this position will facilitate assurance that compliance with local Transfer Pricing obligations is met, keeping central oversight of timeliness, accuracy regarding all Transfer Pricing requirements within the VEON group.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will be as follows:
• Coordinate Transfer Pricing compliance within the VEON Group, avoid duplication of TP-reports, track timely and accurate compliance (locally as well as centrally), keep worldwide overview, including status of pending (local) tax audits.
• Monitor and communicate / educate internally (at request) on international Transfer Pricing developments from / in relation to EU, OESD, IBFD, G-20, and similar institutions.
• Responsible for charging out quarter HQ-management fees (while BU’s assess, control, and manage the local deductibility) each quarter.
• Ensure timely and accurate filing of Country by Country Reporting (CbCr) with the Dutch tax authorities.
• While BU’s are solely accountable and responsible for compliance to local Transfer Pricing obligations, at BU request content TP assistance could be offered.
• Arrange for timely and accurate Dutch Master Files and Country Files (legal Transfer Pricing requirement).
• Monitor TP tax risk management and initiate appropriate actions.
Within 30 days you will:
· You’ll be familiarizing yourself with our business and become part of a global and multicultural team, working on different projects and initiatives
· You will have established relationships with your colleagues both locally and internationally and will already be sharing information with each other.
Within 60 days you will:
· You’ll have a firm grasp and understanding of Group Tax and will have established relationships with key stakeholders.
· You’ll already be sharing your knowledge and the experience you have in Transfer Pricing matters in the Telecommunication and Digital industry.
· You will provide high quality transfer pricing expertise to the Group Tax team including permanent education and support regarding international Transfer Pricing issues and developments.
Within 90 days you will:
· You will be showcasing your dynamic approach and will to challenge the status quo by identifying opportunities for efficiency, knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
· You will also have established strong relationships with the teams in our operating companies and already be demonstrating a customer service-oriented approach in your engagements with them.
· Last but not least you will initiate implementation and maintaining of transfer pricing guidelines and documentation.
A bit about you…
· You hold a master’s degree in Tax Law / Fiscal Economics and have a minimum of 5 years Transfer Pricing Experience
· You have experience in interacting with senior management and Board members and have worked on cross-functional projects in multinational environments
· As an experienced relationship manager, you are able to establish and maintain strong relations across functions, with the company management and with external business partners
· You have a personal passion for industrial strategies and market developments in the telecommunication and digital market.
· You are a strategic thinker capable of driving ideas clearly and with conviction at all levels of industry and within VEON.
· Thanks to your seniority you are able to lead complex discussions, with a drive to achieve the result without losing commitment from others.
· Throughout your professional career you have developed a strong experience of working in lateral teams with different experts and different cultural backgrounds.
· Excellent command of the English language and preferably of another language spoken in the dedicated area of operations for this role.
· You challenge the status quo and always seek opportunities to improve. You are committed to ensure best in class delivery performance to the customer.
· Strong management capabilities; able to communicate clearly and effectively with differing nationalities and work effectively through remote team working, providing clarity in resolving ambiguity between local and global strategy.
· Strategic view and high competence to set professional strategies and an ambition level to move VEON to the next stage of development.
More about us:
Discover moments of awesomeness and our careers blog --> http://bit.ly/2lXbUxi
For the latest updates follow us on LinkedIn --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
Do you want to be part of a team that engages with over 220 million customers across 10 rising markets? Do you want to pioneer new experiences to hundreds of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? We are doing things never thought possible.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
VEON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VEON employees or any other company location. VEON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.