Expert Product and Services
JAZZ – Commercial
Last date to apply: 17th Sep 2019
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our Team & You
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 58 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
· Get a grip of how does each service behave and develop an understanding of how the services have evolved since their launch.
· Understand the assigned portfolio of products & services and refine the individual service strategy to achieve growth in the portfolio.
· Develop understanding of BI tools for revenue report generation, subscriber engagement and user segmentation.
· Meet digital service solution providers and stakeholders to enhance the content portfolio and explore opportunities for improvement in UX/UI.
· Establish good working relationship with relevant stakeholders for digital services team e.g. vendors, finance, product development, BI & IT
Within 60 days, you will:
- Track VAS revenues, subscribers and engagement performance. Generate, review and share daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly performance to ensure clear visibility for the team and the management.
· Do product pricing, competitor analysis, strategy formulation and revenue management for the assigned portfolio.
· Manage, track and analyze BTL campaigns to create awareness and increase product uptake.
· Track daily subscriber complaints and take corrective measures.
· Launch a product feature from start to end as the primary owner. You will work with your Product Manager, Design, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Experience to design, build, and launch the right Value Proposition.
· Work on ad-hoc Analytical projects and Presentations with the Management to get their approvals and present Department’s point of view on topics such as achieving revenue growth, addressing customer complaints, developing platforms for greater service & vendor control etc.
· Assist your manager in the development of 1 year and 5-year plans with monthly or quarterly adjustments to better gauge and align department’s resources to achieve company objectives.
· Manage third party costs and develop projections in-line with department’s 5-year strategy.
· Lead digital services and initiatives to position Jazz as a competitive entity in the digital domain and drive Pakistan’s digital revolution.
· Work closely with Manager Products & Services to develop product roadmap & strategy for assigned Products & Services
· Provide innovative, customer centric, information & visual design recommendations that drive an enhanced user experience
· Develop in depth Business Requirements Document (BRD) in consultation with internal & external stakeholders for the assigned products
· Manage, track and execute BTL campaigns to create awareness and increase product uptake for assigned products
· Liaise with RAFM / Finance Operations for timely vendor payments for assigned products
Within 90 days to onwards you will:
- Conceive new business ideas and models to create new revenue streams for the company.
· Establish, track, and report progress on product metrics and KPIs for management and the entire company.
· Contribute deep product knowledge and insights during product roadmap and strategy discussions and recommend ways to improve product management, & pricing structures.
· Pick stagnant services from the pool of already launched services and identify product improvements and customer experience initiatives that can help the service to grow.
· Perform VAS customer segmentation and profiling. Monitor key performance KPIs for performance measurement against revenue and subscriber engagement targets.
· Convert product pipeline into tangible revenue results – revenue, innovative product launches.
· Create predictive models for forecasting of future revenues.
· Ensure timely update on for team and management review via dashboards & reports.
· Launch assigned product(s) in the market from start to end as a Product Manager - you will closely work with your Line Manager, Segments, Product Conception, MARCOMS and Customer Experience teams to design, build, and launch the right value proposition
· Conduct Primary & Secondary research to align content / product pricing and road map
· Plan and design micro segment campaigns to enhance content / product uptake and revenue
· Work closely with MARCOMS team to assist in content / product promotional campaigns throughout the product life cycle
· Ensure UX best practices are well integrated into all digital properties developed and launched by Jazz
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid. We will present an opportunity to work with one of the best teams in the industry and will transform you in to a Customer Obsessed CHAMPION!!!
A bit about you:
We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to conceive and launch new and nascent products. Briefly, someone who has the ability to redraw the Business Canvas Model for a telco, someone who has a deep understanding of platform as a business model as opposed to products, someone who can lead and work independently and perform under pressure. Prior experience Products & Services or digital services will be preferred coupled with strong analytical, product management & development skillset.
A bit about us:
Digital products and services is part of Pricing & Propositions Department within Marketing. The team is responsible to manage VAS and digital products
The structure of the team you will join is:
A 13 member team (including the department head) with 03 sub teams
You will be part of a sub team and will report to Manager, Products & Services
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
Conceive & develop innovative product portfolio which in essence shall enhance customer lifestyle
User engagement and revenue enhancement whilst keeping a close eye on NPS
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
Ability to liaise & build strong relationships with external vendors, content providers / aggregators, app development houses & OTT players resulting in quick time to market
Ability to liaise & build strong relationships with internal stakeholders like FPNA, Segments, MARCOMS, Technology, Product Conception / Development, Legal & GR resulting in breaking silos & enhancing efficiency
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· New & innovative digital products
· VAS revenue enhancement and engagement initiatives
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
Business Analysis & Reporting
Product Management / Development
Innovative Business Models
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.
Essential skills must have:
Microsoft Office with excellent MS Excel and MS PowerPoint command - familiarity with SPSS is an added advantage but not mandatory
Microsoft Power BI
Business Intelligence - Micro Strategy
Presentation & Analytical Skills
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.