Data & Platform Lead Engineer
BANGLALINK – Business Service Management
· Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture supporting data modeling, data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
· Creation and support of real-time data pipelines for contextual and precision marketing, and advance analytical model
· Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
· Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using big data ecosystem tools
· Test data-intensive software prototypes, propose standards and smoothly transfer it to operations
Required Academic Qualifications
· BSc in Computer Science and Engineering from any reputed UGC approved institute
· 6+ years of relevant experience
Required Knowledge & Skills
· Sound knowledge in dimension data modeling and Big Data eco-systems
· Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases including Hive, Ignite, Hbase.
· Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
· Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in building streaming applications using Apache Kafka and In-memory database like Apache Ignite
· Administration knowledge on Hortonworks data platform and data flow stack
· Advance Programming knowledge on Java, Scala & Python
If you are interested to pursue a career with us and you have the required experience & skills, please apply with an updated CV on or before December 30, 2018.
Banglalink, one of the leading digital communications service providers in Bangladesh with over 32 million subscribers, and a subsidiary of Netherlands based company VEON Ltd.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
Follow us in our company page www.linkedin.com/company/banglalink to learn more about Banglalink and our career opportunities.
“ Thank you for your application. Please note that your resume will be stored with us for the purpose of present and future recruitments only.”