Internet Strategic Analysis Director
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
VEON – Sales, Commercial, Business Development, Business Strategy
Learn below about your first 30, 60 and 90 days in your next role. Apply and join us now!
The Group Strategy function is responsible for overseeing our efforts to identify new growth and business development opportunities and to shape the company strategy.
The Internet Strategic Analysis Director will be responsible for the provision of strategic analysis and recommendations for all activities relating to Internet business development opportunities mostly in the framework of a telecom company. You will be involved in and provide input into the groups strategic planning processes, providing analysis and insights to assist in and influence business development and developing business strategy at the highest level.
Reporting to the Group Chief Strategy Officer, your responsibilities will be:-
- Supporting the formulation of overall Corporate strategy, including go-to-market strategy, product strategy, technology strategy, adjacency/white space analysis and competitive analysis
- Provides key input and insight into the analysis of strategic opportunities and challenges for Veon in collaboration with colleagues across the Strategy department
- Interfaces with the corporate functions and OpCo’s and Business Development groups to assess the strategic fit of external M&A candidates and technology opportunities
- Collaborates with counterparts in the Commercial & Business Development groups to drive strategy formulation and strategic alignment
- Supports execution of the annual corporate strategic planning process while coordinating the inputs with counterparts within the corporate functions and OpCo’s
- Performs complex analysis of existing strategy and performance of the Business Areas, Business Horizontals and Regions and provides recommendations for improvement
A bit about you....
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Strategic Development, Processes & Planning
- Strong industry knowledge of the Internet and IT marketplace, products, and trends; relevance for Telecom business is important but not essential
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills exhibited by the ability to approach complex, ambiguous business problems and formulate pathways towards a solution from first principles.
- Strong quantitative and financial analysis skills
- High level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivated to solve difficult issues, continually seeking ways to improve.
Education and experience
Undergraduate Degree and post Graduate Degree (MBA) is required
2-3 years of post-MBA experience from a top tier consulting firm, advisory or investment banking firm desired
Whilst we see this as a long term position, we will start with a one year fixed contract to start!
More about us:
Discover moments of awesomeness and our careers blog --> http://bit.ly/2lXbUxi
For the latest updates follow us on LinkedIn --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
Do you want to be part of a team that engages with over 220 million customers across 10 rising markets? Do you want to pioneer new experiences to hundreds of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? We are doing things never thought possible.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
VEON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VEON employees or any other company location. VEON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.