Expert Software Developer (front-end)
JAZZ – Digital Financial Services
Last Date to Apply: Sunday, 16th February 2020
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our Team & You
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 57 million+ customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with a detailed orientation program where you will learn about Jazz’s core values, business, and products
· Meet the relevant stakeholders concerning your team.
· Develop understanding of your division, function, its structure, and your role within the team.
· Develop understanding of software development team ecosystem in digital financial services.
-Within 60 days, you will:
· Get to know your relevant stakeholders e.g. business, infrastructure, compliance, bank, product development, architecture, finance and fraud management, revenue assurance, AML teams.
· Recommend ways to develop a robust application & architecture.
· Start looking after the product development and bring software in backlog to the Task in progress phase.
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Start working on software development in full go.
· Ensure Timely completion of the tasks assigned to you.
A Bit about You:
We are looking for someone who has delivered on challenging projects and has taken end-to-end responsibility from requirement gathering to delivery products. Prior experience of Mobile Financial Services, Banking / Telecom industry will be an added advantage.
We are looking for someone who have BS/MS in computer sciences and has full stack development experience with more focus on Front-end development.
· Will design, develop and maintain a robust application.
A Bit about Us:
· DFS Technology team comprises of the following sub-teams.
o Product Development
o Product Architecture
o Software Development
o Service Operations
o Service Assurance & Monitoring Team.
o Information Security Team
· Software development team will work as an In-house SW Dev team that follows the Agile SDLC with completion of the following steps:
o System Concept Development
o Requirements Analysis
o Design and Development
o Integration and Test
o Ops and Maintenance
o Disposal (EOS)
o The stages of the SW dev process are based on segregation of
o Duties between appropriate teams with specific competencies
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 09-member team (excluding the team manager) with responsibility of In-House Software Development
The two (03) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· End-to-end new Software / Application / Platform development using latest technologies.
· Maintain & debug existing applications.
· Engage with vendors where external application is required and get knowledge transferred from vendor to in-house team for future developments.
To collaborate and produce effective business results, the role requires
· Teamwork & collaboration.
· Vision and strategic thinking.
· The ability to build strong relationships with External Teams : Vendors
· The ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams: Elaborates the technical terminologies to explain the processes for application/system/software
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Software Development for new products.
· Resolving issues from existing applications by applying patches where required.
We expect the candidate to possess skills like;
o JS-based build tools: Grunt, Gulp ,Bower and WebPack
o Libraries: jQuery, should not have a problem with learning new libraries
o Front-end (CSS) frameworks: Foundation, Bootstrap
o Good understanding of asynchronous request handling- and partial page update via ajax
o SPA: Single Page Applications
o API design and development
o WSO2 / TIBCO or any other APIGW or ESB Development will be a plus.
o CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
o SOAP / Restful Services
o Server-side languages: node.js is preferred
o Database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
o Most importantly, You should be able to write CLEAN, PRECISE, WELL STRUCTURED code as per the programming design patterns.
· Soft Skills:
o A positive and enthusiastic individual
o Fluent in spoken and written English Language
o Good problem-solving skills, self-learner.
o Should take ownership of his work.
o A hunger to learn
o Can do attitude.
o Team Player.
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.