Principle Solution Architect (Digital Financial Services)
JAZZ – Digital Financial Services
Last date to apply: Sunday, 19th January 2020
Our team & you To continue and change the lives of our 58 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
- Within 30 days you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the team structure, internal and external stakeholders and company processes.
- Start understanding DFS products portfolio Eco system, get understanding with product architectures, External/Inter System integrations.
- Get detailed framework alignment with external partner for app designing, development, scalability, agility and inhouse dev roadmap.
- Learn about DFS strategic ambitions, targets and understand the digital verticals that your team is responsible for.
- In First 30 days, you are responsible for understanding DFS strategy and DFS products architecture.
-Within 60 days, you will:
- Design and govern DFS technology architecture for complete technology landscape.
- Lead architecture designing and support through entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration.
- R & D on latest technology and tools which will enable DFS technology.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of architecture.
- Establish a good working relationship with relevant stakeholders for digital financial services product development, business and vendors. - By the end of 60 days, you need to know System flows, detailed application & network architecture and software (mobile apps, portals) development.
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
- Research the external environment, and where appropriate identify and recommend external partners for the delivery of best in class technologies suitable DFS products.
- Reviewing and applying said best practices to establish architecture and frameworks consistent with and supportive of the Product Strategy.
- Identifying and implementing technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business.
- Ensuring that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Participate in the research and development in order to understand and incorporate industry standards and best practices in software and product. Continuously update with the latest technologies and developments in programming to ensure that the department continues to take advantage of new ideas and developments.
- Involve in the development of policies, standards, guidelines, and support documentation that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of application within and outside the organization.
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Ensure effective internal communications both within the software development team and across the organization.
- Provide monthly information to enable the creation of financial results and forecasts for the above teams.
- Ensure that the skills and experience of Software Development and IT teams are consistent with its technological and business needs for providing quality in present and future services.
- Master the tasks highlighted above as deliverables for the first 90 days.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU In the last one-year:
Jazzcash is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders.
A bit about you:
- We are looking for someone who has already delivered on challenging technology landscapes and have in depth knowledge of digital financial services products and platforms
- Prior experience of digital & mobile financial services or tech startup/scale up will be preferred.
- The individual should have proven track record of architecture designing, product development, project management and stakeholder management skills; these skills are the cornerstone for this job role.
The structure of the team you will join is:
A 6-member team (including the department head).
The main priorities of the team as a whole are:
- Architecture governance setup for DFS technology portfolio
- Continues R&D on latest tools and technologies that may help to improve agility and Quality
- Design and Develop product architecture along with successful development and delivery of DFS digital products with solutions having properties for future scalability, robust, fault tolerance.
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with?
Functional/regional/ within the team.
What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
- Ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams: Business, Tech, PD
- Ability to build strong relationships with External Teams: Vendor and IT Teams.
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results:
▪ Develop & Build MFS products portfolio
▪ Ensure bug free and efficient services
The must has past experiences the best candidate should have:
- Having 10+ years of hands on development, architecture designing and governance experience.
- Knowledge of Planning & Budgeting.
- Ownership of the Architectural forum within DFS domain covering all platforms.
- Play a key role in executing the strategy of DFS department and act as a trustworthy advisor to management in architectural decisions.
- Evaluating and aligning the design of all DFS related projects w.r.t the best architectural practices.
- Working in collaboration with all the DFS teams. Recommends any enhancements in the development and operations tools, or updates in architectural layers.
- Ensuring delivery of the assigned tasks in line with the department’s KPIs.
- Educating self and team members on emerging technologies and coordinating with the line manager to induct those into the mainline development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact with all technical and nontechnical members of the organization.
- Interact tightly with business, in agile way, to deliver on business requirements in "pilot/develop/deploy/maintain" cycle.
- Manage existing and select/manage new 3rd party vendors.
- Drive IT architecture towards modular, scalable one.
- Build internal team and competencies where needed.
Ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Communication and people interaction skills
- Strong experience on Agile Development & DevOps practices
- Good DFS IT architecture knowledge, especially micro-services-based architecture, streaming and caching
- Good experience with Testing Automation
Computer Science / Engineering education and prior management of mid-size software engineering teams is a must. Role will have to deal with potential ambiguity, changes, and managing sometimes conflicting inputs.
The must has technologies the candidate should have experience in:
- Architecture designing and implementation for large scale digital financial services
- System Analysis & Product designing
- Web Services & Integrations Experience (RESTful, WCF, SOAP)
- Strong concepts related to Design Patterns, SOA and micro service architecture.
- Git for source code management
- Jenkins or similar CI/CD tools
- Micro services tools (Kubernetes, Dockers)
- Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus / TIBCO / WSO2.
- Hands on experience in oracle database, packages, store procedures, functions.
- Automated testing of mobile and web applications (Selenium)
- Load and stress testing (JMeter)
- Jira or similar PM tools
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.