Senior Treasury Analyst
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
VEON – Finance
Learn below about your first 30, 60 and 90 days in your next role. Apply and join us now!
VEON Group Treasury (HQ) is centralized in organization and coordination and operationally supported by an In House Bank (IHB) in Luxembourg and local OpCo Treasury teams at country level performing local domestic treasury operations under Group Treasury Policies. The Corporate Finance Operations of VEON Treasury are centralized with all decision making on credit facilities and global structures being held at HQ level. The corporate finance team manage the significant levels of debt at both VEON HQ and its subsidiaries.
The Treasury function is critical to manage sufficient liquidity, debt facilities and investments and risk management strategies related to all financial activities supporting the achievement VEON business objectives.
The Senior Treasury Analyst will take a pivotal role in the ongoing management and development of global treasury risk management (including supporting the Global Insurance Program) and will be a key contributor to the implementation of the new Treasury Management system. The Senior Treasury Analyst will also assume responsibility as the Country Manager (and subject matter expert) for several large core jurisdictions including Russia, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
• Support the ongoing management and development of global treasury strategy/global cash repatriation working closely with IHB and OpCo’s.
• Assist with the development and ongoing management of the Global risk management strategy for FX and Interest Rate risk management, working with Directors of Corporate Finance & Treasury on producing strategy papers and support key initiatives / structuring. Implement strategies as approved.
• Support the ongoing management of the global insurance program, reallocations and premium collections.
• Subject matter expert and key contributor (Super User) on TMS (treasury management system) implementation project.
• Country Manager for Russia, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Georgia.
• Treasury Policy support and owner of Review & Exception Memoranda, Country Profile memos, quarterly bank account controls review, treasury audits and all other enquiries and advisory support.
• Analysis of treasury operations throughout the Group.
• Analyze the treasury aspects of projects, such as M&A or Corporate finance, and contribute to these on behalf of IHB.
• Consolidate and analyze cash flow projections detecting funding requirements/repatriation actions
• Review and recommend changes to the investment strategies for excess cash based on the market conditions
• Understand, manage, and supervise all aspects of cash flows of the IHB
• Get actively involved in the Group’s financial risk Management strategies (FX, interest, counterparty), and investigate opportunities for improved execution
• Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes.
• Manage relationships with financial service providers.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis of financial and non-financial data on request
• Develop and provide updates on projects
• Identify treasury activities across the opcos that can be moved to the IHB
• Provide technical and other support for net intercompany positions, and mergers and acquisitions and other projects as needed.
• Recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
• Active project team member participant TGOM workstreams related to TMS and treasury technology, bank rationalization and cash management and cashflow forecasting.
Key required skills and experience
• Degree in Economics, Finance and/or Treasury
• ACT an advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Experience in an international environment
• 3-7 years relevant work experience in similar roles
• Strong communication skills
• Problem solving skills
More about us:
Discover moments of awesomeness and our careers blog --> http://bit.ly/2lXbUxi
For the latest updates follow us on LinkedIn --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
Do you want to be part of a team that engages with over 220 million customers across 10 rising markets? Do you want to pioneer new experiences to hundreds of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? We are doing things never thought possible.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
VEON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VEON employees or any other company location. VEON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.