Specialist Business Analysis
JAZZ – Commercial
Last date to apply: Monday, 14th October 2019
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
We, as a team, are involved with all commercial stakeholders to deliver value to our internal customers. We have streamlined the mechanisms of conventional management reporting; and are now in the process of further improving the process in the light of the integration to create visibility of the Merge Co. entity. This is an opportunity for you to become part of something transformational – a new paradigm.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where you will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products
· Meet relevant stakeholders from different teams e.g. Pricing, Segments, Data Scientists, BI, CVM etc.
· Develop understanding of what value the Analytics team provides at Jazz
· Develop understanding of existing frameworks
· Develop understanding of BI tools and data science capabilities
-Within 60 days, you will:
· Take charge of tracking for Early Warning System of major KPIs
· Build rapport with stakeholders such as Segments & Pricing and Data Analytics team to work alongside them to achieve company goals
· Strive for continuous improvement in both the processes and the outcome
· Identify opportunities for improvement
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Become responsible for regular dashboards
· Benchmark performance of regions to provide feedback to further improve performance
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who has relevant experience in Marketing or Commercial division is not constrained by conventional practices and is able to think out of the box. We are looking for someone who is not afraid to experiment and develop new mechanisms; someone with a proven track record of delivering new and unique marketing propositions.
A bit about us:
Business Analytics team is part of the Analytics & Insights Department within Marketing. The team is responsible for providing regular visibility of performance to the management at Jazz. Moreover, the team is responsible to answer business questions through different ad-hoc analysis.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 5 member team (including the department head)
· You will be part of a 2 member sub-team reporting to a manager
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Performance visibility to Management through different Dashboards
· Raise flags as an early warning in case of indications of deviation in major KPIs
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
Ability to align with broader commercial objectives and provide constructive feedback on commercial initiatives (Pricing & Segments, Sales, Regional Teams, etc)
Ability to coordinate with Data Analytics team to effective create visibility to the management
Ability to coordinate with Regional teams to support them in their KPIs
Specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
. Ad-hoc Analysis to assist Management in Strategic Decision making
. Performance visibility to Management through different Dashboards
Must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
. Business Analytics
. Tracking, Reporting and KPI Monitoring
. Marketing (Pricing or Segments or BI)
Must have technologies the candidate should have.T
. Microsoft Office
. BI – MicroStrategy/TeraData SQL (preferably)
Essential skills must have:
. Problem Solving Abilities
. Analytical & Presentation Skills
. Stakeholder Management
. Pressure Handling
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.