Expert IP Network Operations
JAZZ – Technology
Last date to apply: 24th March 2020
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 59 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where you will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products. Meet with the People & Organization team to understand the strategy of the function in line with Organization strategy and company road map. Have meetings, with members of other teams to understand how each function at Jazz contributes to the overall success. Understand the function and processes of Back Office Operations department within Technical, role and responsibilities of team within organization.
-Within 60 days, you will:
Introduction to Jazz IP-MPLS and Enterprise Networks, understanding detailed Network Architecture, Nodes and Develop concrete understanding of Jazz Change Management Policy, IP-MPLS and Enterprise networks’ High Level Design & Low level design. Go through all the MOP & SOP of IP Operations domain. Collaborate with Internal People within Technical (Peer departments), stakeholders (Marketing, Finance and Commercial) and Vendor.
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
Develop thorough competency on TXN Network Products. Would be able to perform O&M, Configuration Management, Fault Management, Performance Management, Network Audit, Health Checks, Vendor Management and Project Execution with great product knowledge. Continuously review and bring improvements to the Jazz Technology and Development framework and craft innovative solutions as per global best practices.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation and digitalization, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid. Furthermore, we are moving ahead with latest technology/product deployment in the network.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who has already worked in IP-MPLS network with hands on experience on Huawei and Juniper, Dell and ZTE IP nodes. Must have good configuration, troubleshooting & analytical skills. We are also looking for someone who has excellent communication skills to be able to promote the department and technology portfolio with professionalism, maturity, and a balanced, holistic view of any competing viewpoints and last but not the least, the candidate must be a good team player.
A bit about us:
The Network Department includes end to end technology planning and Operations (Level-II) domain, mainly focused on new technologies deployment, network integrations (Mobilink ~ Warid consolidation), keeping network fault free and up to date. Furthermore, customer complaints (commercial & corporate) are being handled by this department. We are focused towards aligning learning and contribute to business effectively while aligning their behaviors to Jazz values.
The structure of the team you will join is:
10-member team (including the Manager) for IP network. Main tasks include day to day Operation & Maintenance of nationwide IP network and nodes, Customer complaints handling (corporate & commercial), configuration management, troubleshooting, interaction with vendor support teams for ongoing issues, project, audits and upgrades etc.
Essential skills must have:
• Solid understanding of IP-MPLS (Service Provider) & Enterprise networks with hands on experience of minimum 4 years.
• Solid understanding of IXP network infrastructure with hands on experience.
• Good understanding of MPLS protocol and know-how of network topologies and their inter-working
• Familiarity with CLI of Huawei, CISCO, Juniper and ZTE IP devices.
• Excellent command over BGP (iBGP & eBGP) protocols.
• Excellent command over MPLS, RSVP, LDP, OSPF, IS-IS, RIP and static routing protocols.
• Deep understanding to engage vendor for timely restoration of services.
• Hands-on experience of Huawei U2000 NMS systems and associated software tools (MRTG, Solarwinds, UFM), database, architecture.
• Exposure to electrical & optical cables and knows associated installation standards and best practices.
Technologies – NE-40E, Eudemon8000E-X8, S9300, Juniper MX960, MX480, EX-4200, CISCO, ZTE CTN9000-E.
Huawei, Juniper and Cisco hands on with relevant equipment. Hands on Firewalls/security devices. Computer Proficiency, MS Office must include MS Visio & Power point.
Communication and presentations skills to make solutions/ideas understandable for respective audience segments
Should not have any concerns working in shifts round the clock and if required on holidays (including public holidays) as an emergency resource.
Job description includes:
• Ensuring smooth Operation and Maintenance of IP-MPLS-MPBN, IXP, Jazz and Ex-Warid Enterprise Data Network.
• Defining new and maintaining existing VPN tunnels both Site-to Site (IPSec) and Remote Access to facilitate corporate customers, vendors and employees.
• Providing support to nation-wide jazz and Ex-Warid Franchisee for new and existing VPN connections.
• Maintaining hardware spares onsite and at Warehouse’s.
• Ensuring network visibility on NMS tools including U2000-IP, MRTG, Solar Winds and UFM.
• Preparing MOPs and SOPs to facilitate team in handling issues and defining new flows.
• Ensuring inter-VRF routing as per requirements and demands.
• Trouble shooting issues related to L-2 and L-3 routing protocol including OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, BGP, VRRP and STP.
• Configuring and implementing firewall flows for Inter-zone communication and NATing for Internet connectivity and publishing.
• Receiving, analysing and executing planning team work-orders for definition of new flows and expansions
• Ensure Network support to nation-wide Jazz Sales and Zonal offices.
• Ensure level 1 and level 2 support to other teams.
• Providing Wi-Fi support to nation-wide Jazz offices for both JazzIT and Guest Internet.
• Ensure Smooth running of Call Center Network Operations for both Voice and Data.
• Providing Network support to Jazz Nation-wide Data centre and MSC locations.
• Highlighting and Identifying network optimization needs and discussing plans for implementation of network optimization solutions with planning and L-2 TXN team.
• Performing network audits and redundancy tests on regular basis to identify network Operational issues.
• Receiving, Mounting and installation of Google, Facebook, Akamai Cache Server for capacity upgrades and providing on-site support for technical issues.
• Performing on-site MPBN Network Expansion.
• Must be willing to perform duties in schedules as per operations practice.
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.