JAZZ – Finance
Last Date to Apply: 28th Nov 2019
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz has a set of very strong organizational values, it expects its employees to build a unique culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development. The values all Jazz employees exhibit and expected to practice are being entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, customer obsessed and truthful.
Our team & you
We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success and to continue and change the lives of our 58+ million customers.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
· Go through consolidation manual to familiarize yourself with the consolidation system & the protocols involved in dealing with certain situations
· Get on job training on Hyperion
· Go through smart view files to come to terms with the analysis files used
-Within 60 days, you will:
· Start interacting with certain OpCos and look at their issues and discuss them within team to come up with practical solutions
· Start gathering ownership changes & summarize the changes required in GRS to ensure proper consolidation
· Start working closely with HQ treasury team to get FX rates, upload them in system & share it with stakeholders
· Start developing adhoc analysis as per requirements
· Participate in HFM change releases & testing
· Start checking management certification
· Start working on innosys (IFRS 16 platform)
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· You will start preparing detailed planning files for quarter ends
· Prepare draft closing instructions
· Start preparing yearly calendars
· Come up with solutions to OpCo problems
· Start interacting with HQ functions and provide them with data needed from consolidation system
· Deal with specific transactions & ensure they are reflected appropriately to ensure correct base level results & consolidated results
· Prepare testing results and discuss them with IT teams if results differ from expectations
· Start preparing group wide entity reconciliations
· Deal with auditors and provide them with the agreed upon information
· Deal with specific cases in Innosys & deal with OpCos issues by recommending solutions
· Prepare SOX documentations
What we have done and what we will do with YOU ?
We are doing group wide consolidation of financials & it includes some sub level consolidations as well required for statutory reporting. This is probably one of its kind opportunity in Pakistan where such detailed consolidation including financials from different countries is involved. Consolidation department has done really well over the past few years which has helped to gain trust of stakeholders & this is reflected in our departments customer satisfaction score which stands at 4.9 out of 5.
We expect team members joining in to uphold the level of high quality work which is being currently done & to prioritize customers to ensure we continue to deliver quality & earn trust of customers.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone is keen to learn & has knowledge of consolidation scenarios. Prior work experience of Hyperion & consolidation is preferred.
The right individual should have sound communication & analytical skills. Should be detailed oriented with ability of delivering within timeline being a must & candidate needs to be able to discuss issues and recommend solutions to colleges working in geographically dispersed locations. Strong excel skills are required and knowledge of adhoc analysis & smart view functionality is preferred.
Strong consolidation knowledge (including implications of IAS 21) is a cornerstone for this job role.
A bit about us:
Consolidation department is responsible to consolidated set of financials received from each Opco and come up with single consolidated financials which are then used for statutory reporting’s. We also work with different departments to simplify our existing group structure.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 5 member team (including the department head).
· You will be part of a 02 member sub-team reporting to the head of consolidation.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Completing consolidation within pre-agreed closing calendar with no material errors.
· Enabling stakeholder HQ departments to carry on their reporting and to help them with information required.
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
You will work with:
· treasury department for FX rates & cash, debt reconciliations.
· External reporting & provide them with details needed by them
· FP&A & address queries raised by them
· EPM department for quarterly GRS releases
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Consolidation team has completed a consolidation manual which deals with different scenarios which may come up and how to deal with them. It would now be updated once each year.
· Revamping of entire instructions to get a detailed 30 odd pager word document replaced with a few very interactive slides to ensure message is received well by all without the need to go through so many pages.
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
· Consolidation knowledge
· Delivering within deadlines
· Sound excel skills
One must have technology the candidate should have.
· Hyperion know how is preferred
Essential skills must have:
· Strong communication
· Analytical skills
· Problem solving
· Tasks prioritization
· MS office
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.