Expert Strategic Media
JAZZ – Commercial
Last Date to Apply: Sunday, 13th October 2019
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz has a set of very strong organisational values, it expects its employees to build a unique culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development. The values all Jazz employees exhibit and expected to practice are being entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, customer obsessed and truthful.
Our team & you
We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success and to continue and change the lives of our 59+ million customers.
This position plans and executes media marketing campaigns and facilitates brand reputation initiatives at Jazz from a commercial media investment perspective; Formulates media plans to disseminate brands’ messages to the desired audience; Governs media investment decisions to bring more transparency, accountability, and control in marketing communication processes; Makes media buying decisions; And utilizes media research to build market insight. These responsibilities are carried out with the objective to ensure optimal media placements, efficient delivery of the media campaigns and brand messages, reach substantial portion of the target audience and ensure positive brand reputation within the limits of department’s SOPs, policies, strategic goals, Pakistan broadcast association (PBA) regulations and guidelines.
· Commercial Acumen
· Brand Management
· Good Understanding of Brand Health
· Comprehensive Knowledge of Media Investment Management
· Thorough knowledge of Analytics
· Understanding of Financial Approvals and activities
· Media Industry Relationships
· Team Work & Collaboration
· Planning & Organizing
· Fulfilment / Delivery
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where the candidate will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products
· Meet relevant stakeholders and teams handling various business streams such as Pricing, Voice/VAS/Data, Market research, Digital Financial Services, Digital channels etc.
· Develop understanding of the Jazz brand, its philosophy, brand strategy and creative direction
· Develop understanding of PO/PR process and contract management
-Within 60 days, you will:
· Establish good relationship with relevant stakeholders.
· Develop thorough consumer/industry understanding & help generate ideas that further build operational efficiencies in line with strategic growth plan
· Liaison with various business teams (Data, VAS, Voice, Digital Financial Services) to fulfil their operational needs.
· Work with agencies to develop, analyze, review and recommend solutions, which match the business needs, & deliver on requirements.
· Gain deep understanding of the competitors strategy and proactively propose counter measures
-90 days to onwards you will:
Stakeholder Departments: Seek clarity on media marketing requirements of different stakeholders. Address queries on business priority and alignment of respective campaigns with business objective. Negotiate on proposed media mix / vehicles and convince on suitable alternatives based on assigned budget.
Media Agency: Negotiate timeslots, space, rates, media deals and convince on adherence with stance. This interaction is geared at translating Marketing/Media Objectives into actionable Initiatives on ATL mediums. Includes and covers key areas of Media Planning, Insights, and placements.
In the Context of Connecting Jazz with its customers: Master delivery on all aspects of the Media Investment Powerhouse: Research, Planning, Buying.
Critical Business Alignment & Campaign Management· Respond to all advertising needs of internal stakeholders i.e. request for campaign design: dissemination of Marketing-Communication/Branding through ATL Channels.
· Liaise with product/ brands teams to design campaigns and marketing content for products/solutions in order to disseminate information to target audience through ATL Channels.
· Conduct campaign tracking, media category analysis, and media influence ranking.
· Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal reach to targeted consumers.
· Track performance of campaigns, verify optimization and highlight gaps in actual Vs. expected outcomes.
Better Media Investment Control
· Document investment quotations to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting of media investments.
· Create media investment database to analyse media investments compatibility with brand objectives and marketing communication objectives.
· Compare marketing performance against media goals to gain transparency in media investment processes.
· Ensure transparency, accountability, and control in marketing communication processes through accurate and effective media investment decisions.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of digital transformation, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins. With Jazz Super 4G, Jazz leaps ahead its competition in the data space too.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who has already delivered on challenging projects and has taken end-to-end responsibility from planning to execution preferably within a Marcom role.Prior experience of developing and managing media strategies and campaigns will be preferred.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to develop effective business ideas and convert them into tangible results, grow brand equity and business as well. The individual should have sound media marketing sensibilities, product understanding, project management, working with vendors and relationship management skills; these skills are the cornerstone for this job role.
A bit about us:
Media Unit is part of the Marketing communication function within Marketing. The team is responsible to handle the entire brands portfolio and service the business streams.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 21 member team (including the department head) with 03 sub teams.
· This position reports to Head of Media & Digital.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Maintain Jazz as the number one brand of the country while develop love for the brand
· To ensure that your particular unit delivers on business priorities and contributes towards digital as a revenue stream
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
Ability to build strong relationships with External Teams: Creative, Media, partners, brands and digital agencies.
-Ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams: Finance, Marketing, Sales, PR/CSR, Procurement etc.
-Strengthening of brand health, Sales and revenue are consequences of a good relationship with above-mentioned stakeholders.
Essential skills must have:
·Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
·Should be able to demonstrate leadership and team skills
·Firm grip of business management, brand development and marketing communication tools and relevant frameworks
· High level of initiative and self-drive
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Excellent project management skills.
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.