Treasury Back Office Support - Luxembourg
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
VEON – Finance
Learn below about your first 30, 60 and 90 days in your next role. Apply and join us now!
Our team & you
To continue driving best business practices across our operations globally, we are building a world-class Finance organization and assembling the right team to ensure we are the best we can be in order to drive our success. An opportunity is available now in our Luxembourg office for a Treasury Back Office Support person.
The role is responsible for providing back office administration and controles to the VEON Inhouse bank for its core treasury activities.
Within 30 day you will
- Familiarize yourself with our business and will develop a solid understanding of the digital transformation we are undertaking, the changes and impact it is having on the way we do our business, and be realizing the opportunities as well as challenges this poses for us
- Establish relationships with your colleagues both locally and internationally and will already be sharing information with each other
Within 60-90 days you will
- Take responsibility for all IHB and HQ payment and settlement processes (including inputting where required) of all payment processes ensuring completion to a high standard
- Complete Daily treasury transactional confirmations, checking and agreeing all trade details
- Complete interest calculations, accruals and other supporting back office calculations, supporting the Manager - Back Office
- Calculate bank charges, monitor fees and charges and support initiatives to reduce all banking related costs
- Provide administration support by preparing and distributing Compliance Certificates
- Manager and maintain accurate bank account information, signatories and supporting work on quarterly reconciliation reviews
- Support managers in all report preparation work
- Provide support around invoicing, payments and administration questions for the group insurance program
A bit about you…
-You have worked in complex international matrix organizations.
-You hold a degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance and/or Treasury.
-You possess a highly independent, target oriented workstyle, with strong analytical skills and solid financial knowledge.
-You have developed a detailed understanding of the company’s business processes, pay close attention to detail and are easily able to spot errors no matter how small.
- You have excellent excel and Microsoft office skills
- You are a true team player, able to collaborate across functions and with key stakeholders and produce reports and recommendations based on results and analysis. You have been doing this for some time already and have worked on cross-functional projects in a multinational environment.
-Excellent command of English.
-Knowledge of Russian is preferred.
More about us:
Discover moments of awesomeness and our careers blog --> http://bit.ly/2lXbUxi
For the latest updates follow us on LinkedIn --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
Do you want to be part of a team that engages with over 220 million customers across 10 rising markets? Do you want to pioneer new experiences to hundreds of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? We are doing things never thought possible.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
VEON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VEON employees or any other company location. VEON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.