Analyst Record to Report
JAZZ – Finance
Last date to apply: 18th Feb 2020
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz has a set of very strong organizational values, it expects its employees to build a unique culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development. The values all Jazz employees exhibit and expected to practice are being entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, customer obsessed and truthful.
Our team & you
We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success and to continue and change the lives of our 59+ million customers.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where you will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products.
· Meet with Record to Report and other teams within finance to understand the strategy of the function in line with company strategy and road map.
· Develop in-depth understanding of Jazz Policies and Procedures.
· Get first-hand information about the unit and domain as a whole including the closing process.
-Within 60 days, you will:
· Perform financial closing ensuring service delivery in line with agreed KPIs and targets.
· Maintain relationship with business as well as other finance teams to effectively run GL processes including recording of transactions related to investments, dividends, FX Swaps, Inter Company, advances, prepayments, payroll etc.
· Maintain Oracle Cash Management module including uploading bank statements, reconciliations of all bank transactions, preparation of bank reconciliation statements and follow up on reconciling items with relevant teams.
· Provide assistance in internal reporting, tax reporting packs, VAT filing and external/internal audits facilitation.
· Maintenance of Blackline Accounts Reconciliation module. Preparation of monthly reconciliations for relevant BS accounts within Blackline and follow up on identified corrections and adjustments.
· Understand business challenges and formulate ways to address them in the best possible ways.
· Ensure compliance with SOX controls including documentation and reporting.
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Identify and support implementation of end-to-end process improvement initiatives
· Act as a change driver to realize the long term finance strategy as an integral member of the Service Operations Team
· Act as a point of contact for business teams for finance related process input for GL and Banks side.
· Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
A bit about you:
· We are looking for someone who has prior experience in accounting and financial closing process.
· The applicant should be detail oriented, with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
· You should be someone responsible to drive continuous improvement and deliver challenging projects in active coordination with your team.
A bit about us:
Record to Report (R2R) team is part of Service Operations under the Finance division. The team you will be joining is responsible for providing accounting and reporting services to external stakeholders mainly based at HQ.
The structure of the team you will join is:
Based in Islamabad. A six (6) member team which reports to Team Lead General Ledger.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Timely and accurate recording of financial transactions, reporting and financial closing.
· Delivery of services as per agreed Service Level Agreements and KPIs.
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
You will work with all the Corporate Functions with regular interaction with relevant finance & business teams. The interactions will result in effective execution of transactions recording and reporting process along with timely addressing of management queries.
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Revamp of monthly closing and reporting dashboard with an end result of presenting more granular and targeted information for decision making.
· Process improvement of the closing process with the end result of eliminating waste and streamlined processes.
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
· In-depth experience of financial closing process
· Experience of presenting financial results and variance analysis.
· Stakeholder management
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.
· Oracle R12
· MS Office
Essential skills must have:
· Communication skills
· Problem solving and Analytical skills
· Negotiation skills
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.