Jazz Summer Internship Program 2019 - Commercial
JAZZ – Commercial
Application Deadline: May 22nd, 2019
Internship Start date: Mid of June, 2019
Department: Commercial Location: Sukkur Positions: 01
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our Team and You
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 57+ million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
Jazz aims to prepare today's talented youth for the corporate world through structured programs that promote excellence and bring out the best in them. The Jazz Summer Internship program is a full time project based paid internship.
We provide you with a challenging opportunity to catch a glimpse into Corporate Pakistan.
What’s In It For You?
Functional Project – Support towards implementing projects in the Commercial division
Skills Based Training – Expand your capability and capacity to hone your skill set
Professional Development – You will get hands on experience about the Commercial division, and learn about insightful projects
Mentorship – Be matched with a Jazz professional to guide you through your extensive learning experience
Fun – Attend social networking activities and build relationship with your peers/stakeholders
Your Jazz Experience
· Plan, develop, and execute the assigned projects
· Prepare and present periodic reports on the assigned projects
· Attend team meetings and meet the stakeholders related to the assigned projects
· Brainstorm and come up with creative ideas on existing processes and systems
· Provide assistance to the department to improve their coordination and productivity
· Meet group of diversified professionals which will allow you to build relationships
· Have close liaison with different departments/functions for the timely execution of deliverables
· Currently enrolled in either of these programs: BBA/MBA/BS Computer Science/BS Engineering/MS Engineering (Bachelors students who have completed their first two years of the program and Masters students who have completed their first year of the program are encouraged to apply)
· Good to have knowledge of some of these concepts and programs: SQL, Data Mining, Teradata MSTR, C#, Winform, APS.NET, Web Forms, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Project Management, Power BI, Oracle, Application Developer, e-Commerce, Sales and Marketing concepts, and IT concepts
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio)
· Excellent communications and persuasion skills
· Proactive in solving day-to-day problems
· Willingness to learn and excel
· Result driven approach towards daily tasks
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Self-directed and able to work without supervision
· Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
· Strong attention to detail
Jazz Summer Internship Program – What to Expect
· Jazz Summer Internship program is an 8-weeks paid program for students
· After the application deadline, the shortlisted students will receive an online assessment link
· The link will be valid for 24 – 48 hours
· Candidates clearing the assessment will be called in for an interview
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.