Manager Supplier Payments
JAZZ – Digital Financial Services
Last Date to Apply: 11 September 2019
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 59 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
Set up and launch of the solution:
· Designing solutions to digitize payments made by the retailers to the distributors (supplier payments)
· Work with technology to develop solutions to materialize this opportunity
· Assist the economics team to develop the commercial model
· Set up operations, policies, procedures and workflows for the solution
Develop Supplier Network and GTM approach:
· Conduct market visits across Pakistan for primary market research, understand needs and requirements of suppliers and distributors to develop solutions
· Customer management; develop relationship with suppliers and act upon and communicate any issues or concerns
· Collect and analyse data to support supplier payment strategies and increase adoption of the product
· Conduct Market research, identify customer base, growth opportunities and coordinate with the SME team to develop a product suite that solve demand & supply side problems
DFS and SME Strategy:
· Provide input to the Head of Supplier Payments and the head of product SME to develop the SME strategy and the overall Strategy
· Provide on-going analysis to help develop to the DFS and SME strategy based on customer and merchant needs
· Develop supplier payments strategies, coordinating with SME unit and other Jazz teams, to generate awareness, demand, and increase sales
Ø What we have done and what we will do with YOU
JazzCash is targeting the B2B payments segments, as this is expected to increase uptake and drive transaction volume. Head of Supplier Payments will be responsible for developing and executing the SME unit B2B payments strategies and increase adoption of Jazz Supplier Payment offers and services
Ø A bit about you:
The ideal candidate should have knowledge of the DFS industry, retail market of Pakistan and should have had prior experience in developing strategies or performing research in the merchant/retail space. The individual will be expected to have the right market knowledge, understanding of acceptance and acquiring technologies, product and economics along with Go to Market strategies
A bit about us
The SME product team is managing and promoting Online Payments made through DFS Digital Accounts and payment cards.
The structure of the team you will join is:
A six (06) member team focused on Products for Small & Medium Enterprises under the Digital Financial Services umbrella
Main priorities of the team as a whole are:
Managing and promoting all online payments that will be made using our products and services in the SME arena
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team.
· Jazz Sales
· Mobilink Bank
· Customer Care
What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
The development and execution of the SME unit B2B payments strategies and increased adoption of Jazz Supplier Payment offers and services
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Ensuring the technology behind the payment solutions is seamless – providing enhanced experienced to our customers
· Ensuring faster market penetration & growth – resulting in greater volumes processed through our platforms.
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
· Supplier Payments
· Acceptance & Acquiring Technologies
· Product & Economics
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.T
Essential skills must have:
· Presentation and computer skills
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.