Senior Contract Manager
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
VEON – Procurement & Supply Chain
Learn below about your first 30, 60 and 90 days in your next role. Apply and join us now!
Our team & you
To continue to change the lives of our 235 million customers we’re reinforcing a world-class contracts and claims management team to execute on VEON business strategy and enable smoother engagement and better commercial relationships with our global suppliers. This is an opportunity for an experienced Senior Contract Manager who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
Your role will be to maximize the delivery and execution of group-wide contract management practices and drive expertise across a range of global commercial agreements, creating value and raising the bar of how we deliver and steer contracting best practices across our HQ and Operating Companies. Part of your mandate will be to manage demand and deliver consistent global and local agreements effectively across the group, from point of tender planning to contract implementation, amidst a continuously changing operating environment.
This position is based in Amsterdam, reporting to the Director of Contract and Claim Management, within Global Strategic Sourcing.
Within 30-60 days you will:
· Get to know and develop and understanding of all relevant stakeholders in the headquarters and group operating entities (including Procurement and Legal teams), building relationships along the way;
· Review gain in-depth understanding and start to execute on the end to end target operating model and processes for contract management function globally.
· Review and gain mastery of the different contract principles, corporate policies, and commercial requriements which are intrinsic to
· Collaborate with internal and local stakeholders to understand the execute on the agreed initiatives in line with the procurement master plan. Coordinate and guide discussion with strategic sourcing teams and functional business units to understand overall business objectives
· Start to participate and provide meaningful contracting input in strategic tenderscovering global procurement categories, in line with the global process and model.
· Support different strategic sourcing categories and HQ functional units on an advisory capacity, with appropriate recommendations for contract finalization in consultation with all relevant stakeholders and in line with group contracting policies and conditions.
· Gain understanding of the reporting and storage mechanism for existing contracts as well as for ongoing contracting and contract execution activities.
Within 90 days you will:
· Drive the execution of group agreements and contract schedules, including document planning, drafting, negotiation, contract document finalization, approval, storage and handover, in accordance with set parameters for contract tiering and SLAs, in alignment with key stakeholders and suppliers.
· Work in synergy with local contracting/procurement/legal teams serving, to ensure that local agreements are created and finalized in adherence to global SLAs and key contract terms and conditions.
· Support the development and continuous improvement of global and local contract templates as it applies to different categories (sell side and buy side), including commercial and technical schedules, in alignment with all relevant stakeholders
· Lead and promote the implementation of a contract exception checklist for strategic contract segments.
· Work closely with relevant contract execution teams to enable an informed and structured implementation of the signed contract, including all key obligations and deliverables
· Assess and report on existing contract status, structure/s and improve on existing terms including maintenance of the necessary contract repository and continuous monitoring of compliance to global contracting policies and conditions.
· Promote contract awareness and training on executed contracts.
A bit about you…
· You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Business or related field (higher degree preferred) from a reputable university
· You have a minimum of 7 years of extensive work experience in contract management and/or legal commercial counsel (International certification in contract or commercial management preferred)
· You have proven relevant knowledge and background working with various forms of agreements within the telecommunications, ICT, or software/digital industry (international contracting experience and knowledge of Incoterms and its implications preferred)
· You have minimum 5 years of proven work experience in contract drafting, review, negotiations, and terms advisory
· As an effective contract manager, you are able to establish and maintain strong relations with company management and external business partners both national and internationally. You have been doing this for some time already and have worked on inter-country and on cross-functional projects in multinational environments.
· You are highly articulate and inspiring communicator. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to reflect complex business principles into actionable and enforceable contracts. You communicate crisp and effectively at all levels, including executive levels.
· You have strong business process and presentation skills.
· You have proven to possess and display complex problem solving and analytical skill
· You are a focused and structured executor, with a collaborative mindset and the ability to influence and robustly challenge alternate views
· You have outstanding team management and project management skills. You work effectively under pressure with multiple projects and deadlines with several stakeholders
· You are a strategic thinker with a high degree of analytical talent and business process understanding
· You possess gravitas and the ability to negotiate, influence, communicate effectively and successfully engage with a dynamic, multi-cultural, energetic, enthusiastic and highly skilled workforce and commercially driven vendors.
· You have people and relationship management skills combined with a sensitivity to cultural differences which allow you to effectively create, build and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders as well as to negotiate in complex circumstances
· You demonstrate a high level of integrity, compliance and professionalism
More about us:
Discover moments of awesomeness and our careers blog --> http://bit.ly/2lXbUxi
For the latest updates follow us on LinkedIn --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
Do you want to be part of a team that engages with over 220 million customers across 10 rising markets? Do you want to pioneer new experiences to hundreds of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? We are doing things never thought possible.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
VEON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VEON employees or any other company location. VEON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.