Specialist PS Operations
JAZZ – Technology
Last date to apply: 19th FEB 2020
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development.
Our team & you
To continue and change the lives of our 60 million customers. We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where you will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products. Meet with the People & Organization team to understand the strategy of the function in line with Organization strategy and company road map. Have meetings, with members of other teams to understand how each function at Jazz contributes to the overall success. Understand the function and processes of Back Office (Level-II) Operations department within Technical, role and responsibilities of team within organization.
-Within 60 days, you will:
Introduction to Jazz Core Network, mainly GSM/WCDMA/4G-LTE Network Architecture, Nodes, Application, Protocol Stack and Interfaces. Develop concrete understanding of Jazz Change Management Policy, Core Network High Level Design Understanding, and Packet Core Low Level Design. Go through all the MOP & SOP of PS Core Operations. Collaborate with Internal People within Technical (Peer departments), stakeholders (Marketing, Finance and Commercial) and Vendor.
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
Develop thorough competency on Packet Core Products (SGSN/MME, GGSN/SGW/PGW, DNS, PCRF, BG Router, Firewall and Routers). Would be able to perform O&M, Configuration Management, Fault Management, Performance Management, Network Audit, Health Checks, Vendor Management and Project Execution with great product knowledge. Continuously review and bring improvements to the Jazz Technology and Development framework and craft innovative solutions as per global best practices.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU
In the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation and digitalization, we were market leaders and we still are market leaders but with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid. Furthermore, we are moving ahead with latest technology/product deployment in the network.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who has already worked for Packet Core Operations with hands on experience with configuration management and troubleshooting management background. We are also looking for someone who has excellent communication skills to be able to promote the department and technology portfolio with professionalism, maturity, and a balanced, holistic view of any competing viewpoints
A bit about us:
The Network Department includes end to end technology planning and Operations (Level-II) domain, mainly focused on new technologies deployment, network integrations (Mobilink ~ Warid consolidation), keeping network fault free and up to date. Furthermore, customer complaints (commercial & corporate) are being handled by this department. We are focused towards aligning learning and contribute to business effectively while aligning their behaviors to Jazz values.
The structure of the team you will join is:
8 member team (including the Manager) with no sub teams. Main tasks includes customer complaints handling (corporate & commercial), configuration management, troubleshooting, Vendor interaction and performance management for PS Core Nodes.
Essential skills must have:
Customer centricity approach to identify and fix network issues
Knowledge of 2G/3G/4G Service flows, IP Protocols, Signaling, troubleshooting skills and database configuration
Innovative thinking and solution orientation to craft leadership development solutions in line with our philosophy, competencies and expectations from leaders
Communication and presentations skills to make solutions/ideas understandable for respective audience segments
Drive for results to own initiatives and continuously evolve in line with analysis and feedback
Should not have any concerns working in shifts round the clock and if required on holidays (including public holidays) as an emergency resource.
1. Understanding of 2G/3G/4G Network Architecture & Flows.
2. Understanding of PS Core Nodes (SGSN, GGSN/SGW/PGW, DNS, PCRF, BG, CG, NFV Cloud vEPC U2020, SmartCare, Firewall and Routers)
3. Basic understanding of Network Functions and infrastructure (NFVi, VIM, VNF Orchestration for OpenStack)
4. Familiar with Optimization of Network 2G/3G/4G KPIs by Enhanced KPI & KQI (Protocol-level) analysis of Attach, PDP, TAU,RAU, Bearer, Paging, Handovers and CSFB success rates using smart analysis tools
5. Basic understanding of Service Awareness
6. Implementation and verification of Inbound/Outbound Data roaming (2G/3G/LTE) with roaming partner
7. Detailed understanding of Packet Core Interfaces: Gb, Iu-C/U, S1-MME, Gr, Ga, S6a, Gn/Gp, S5/S8, S11, SGs, Gx & Gy etc.
8. Basic understanding in troubleshooting at Protocol level TCP, UDP, HTTP, GTP, Diameter, DNS etc.
9. Basic Understanding of Unix/Linux environment
10. Work Order Execution and Verification
11. Assess the criticality of the incident at Network & Business level and engage Vendor Support
12. Responsible to keep software level up to date and attend up gradations of existing Node if required
13. Keep an eye on Network Nodes license limitation and expiry
14. Quarterly Network Audits
15. Vendor Management and SLA Tracking
16. Own, manage and facilitate escalated customer complaints
17. Coordination, execution and support for new projects
18. Help improving dept. processes
19. In-house troubleshooting tools development
20. Weekly system health checks as a part of preventive maintenance
21. Ensuring Network KPI's above set threshold
22. Interdepartmental coordination (Planning, Marketing, Finance, and peer NOC)
23. Responsible for any changes made to procedures, whether internal or external
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.