Head of Public and Digital Policy
BANGLALINK – Corporate & Regulatory Affairs
· Prepare and propose business environment management related strategies and plans to the management in regards to different strategic moves
· Create and utilize scopes of strategic alliance with the other industry players and AMTOB in order to create a strong and multilateral platform for advocacy
· Engage directly with mid to high level of different departments and ministries of the Government with support from the Head of Government Relations
· Engage with law enforcement and intelligence agencies to assure them regarding our digital products
· Identify and communicate new business opportunities in the existing legal and regulatory framework of Bangladesh
· Be the person in charge of the public policy and regulatory activities of digital and financial services initiatives of Veon and Banglalink
· Supervise and Define the Company’s data protection and privacy regulations in accordance with Local and Group policy on Customer Data Protection
· At least 8 years’ job experience with 5 years in strategic roles in any industry
· Experience in working with/ for government and international agencies is needed
Required Academic Qualifications:
· Bachelor degree in engineering, economics, political science or law from any UGC approved university
Required Knowledge & Skills:
· Thorough understanding of telecommunication business value chain and its future
· Through understanding of digital business value chain
· Strong knowledge on global developments in regards to telecom and digital public policies
· Thorough understanding of telecom regulatory environment and related local & international best practices
· Strong grasp on legal and regulatory language and good drafting skill
· Strong knowledge on government structure, bureaucracy and political structure of the country
· Strong understanding of political environment, mindset of key stakeholders and policy matters
· In depth knowledge of international commercial relationships and transactions in the digital era
· Understanding of digital public policy, data privacy and protection
· Strong grasp on tactics of policy advocacy at different levels of government and non-government stakeholders
· Strong grasp on verbal and written communication in both English and Bangla
If you are interested to pursue a career with us and you have the required experience & skills, please apply with an updated CV on or before July 20, 2019.
Banglalink, one of the leading digital communications service providers in Bangladesh with over 32 million subscribers, and a subsidiary of Netherlands based company VEON Ltd.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
Follow us in our company page www.linkedin.com/company/banglalink to learn more about Banglalink and our career opportunities.
“ Thank you for your application. Please note that your resume will be stored with us for the purpose of present and future recruitments only.”