Specialist Contracts and Claim Management
JAZZ – Finance
Last date to apply: 17th Sep 2019
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our Team & You:
As one of the largest private sector organizations and a leading Telecommunication Company in Pakistan, our objective is to provide state of the art telecommunication and digital services to our customers for the better. For provision of uninterrupted services, we engage with a vast portfolio of business partners from all across the globe. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a mature Supply Chain Management team and plays an important role of a Contracts and Claims Manager. Someone who understands the telecommunications business operations, is familiar with the procurement and contracting operations, understands the claims management processes and is willing to take the challenge of digitalizing and transforming existing processes at Jazz. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
- Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with a detailed orientation program where you will learn about Jazz’s core values, business, and products
- Meet the relevant stakeholders concerning your team
- Develop understanding of your division, function, its structure, and your role within the team
- Develop understanding of Procurement, Contracts, Supply Chain and Claims Management Processes
- Get to know your relevant stakeholders e.g. Marketing, Technology, Customer Operations, various Business Owners, Procurement Service Operations Team etc.
- Review and familiarize yourself with relevant organization/functional Policies, Procedures, Responsibility Matrix (s) etc.,
- Make relevant presentations, Dashboards on power point, excel, Access etc.
- Initiate and negotiate local contracts with business partners.
-Within 60 days, you will:
- Engage and become an active part of the overall Contract and Claims Management Process.
- Engages in initial contract drafting phase and develops contracts in line with the requirements shared by Sourcing, Business owners etc.
- Participates in contractual negotiations with the relevant vendors
- Collaborate with various internal teams (Legal, Taxation, Treasury, All Business owners) on matters requiring risk mitigation/avoidance.
- Proceeds towards contract execution/closing phase once all negotiations are successfully carried out
- Maintains the Contracts Repository by uploading contracts to the iContracts (Oracle R12) or any other ERP system as may be used by Jazz.
- Monitors performance of all contracts and monitors compliance with agreed SLAs and defined KPIs.
- Verification of delivery claims received from Procurement Operations Team.
- Raises claims in case of any contractual breaches; Validates claims internally in coordination with concerned departments (Legal, Taxation, Treasury, Commercial etc.)
- Oversees that relevant claim notice is served to vendor in the form of a letter/email once validated internally; Highlights details of claims i.e. specific clause(s) of contract breached, due penalty/charges etc.
- Communicates timeframe to vendors within which coordination with respective teams needs to take place; attends these meetings if necessary.
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
- Experience creating and managing complex system integration agreements, including, but not limited to Hardware, Software licensing and code development, operation and maintenance services and IPR management.
- Ensure right terms and conditions including compliance to company policies, Sourcing directives during the whole procurement process.
- Ensure strict contractual scope bounding is established to protect against any spend leakage.
- Lead the Change Request Process from a contractual perspective.
- Support on negotiation and resolution of commercial disputes and settlements relating to the contracted scope.
- Provide contract knowledge, guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses to Sourcing organization.
- Provide internal guidance on mitigation claims and resolve any escalations via commercial governance. Maintain knowledge of operational issues, which could result in commercial disputes. Advise Sourcing operational teams on commercial risk mitigation strategies.
- Protect Jazz's rights under contract and ensure the proper performance of the respective party’s obligations.
- Defend and improve costing, profitability and working capital through strategic risk and claim management.
- Support to follow up execution of the contract.
- Discusses various settlement possibilities with relevant teams as well as vendors i.e. charges due/new agreements etc.; Closes claims once settlements are agreed upon (in line with the Claims Management Policy, as may be updated from time to time).
- Defines internal gaps in the organization leading to unsuccessful target meeting and provides solutions for improvement.
- Gathers report regarding negotiations carried out with vendors from relevant team/end user, analyzes breached terms and details of due penalty;
- Assesses and reviews reports to validate that the vendor is not requesting any undue/unfair favors.
- Carries out reporting of all claims on group level
A Bit about Us:
The Contracts and Claims Management (CCM) team at Jazz is part of the wider Procurement and Supply Chain Management Team. It works in close collaboration with the Sourcing, Legal and Business Owner Teams ensuring Jazz’s enters into commercial arrangements only after adhering to all internal policies and procedures and mitigating/avoiding risks.
The structure of the team you will join is:
A 5 members team (including the Team Lead) with 3 peers. You will be part of a 4 members sub-team reporting to Manager Contracts and Claims Management.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
1. Ensuring effective Contracts Management
2. Ensuring robust Claims Management
The three (03) must have past experiences the candidate should have:
1. Education: Academic degree or the equivalent level of knowledge. (Legal background preferable).
2. Min 3 years of experience as contract and claims management role.
3. Industry experience: Industrial Engineering, IT/Telecommunication Professional Services, Oil & Gas.
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have
1) MS Office Suite
2) Working on Databases, ERPs.
Essential skills must have:
- Willingness to understand to legal process all round market area
- Developing Global & Regional template of Contracts
- Ability to lead and motivate high performing teams
- Knowledge and understanding of market trends and Best in Class practices
- Global mindset and ability to drive change and results in a matrix organization
- Solid knowledge and understanding of:
· Improvement process and ways of working
· Strategy development and deployment process
· IT Process
· Sourcing process and ways of working
- Preferably with experience from working in other sourcing/procurement job roles
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.