Expert Software Assurance & Monitoring
JAZZ – Digital Financial Services
Last Date to Apply: Sunday, 16th February 2020
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our Team & You
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 57 million+ customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 15 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with a detailed orientation program where you will learn about Jazz’s core values, business, and products
· Meet the relevant stakeholders concerning your team.
· Develop understanding of your division, function, its structure, and your role within the team.
-Within 30 days, you will:
· Get to know your relevant stakeholders e.g. business, infrastructure, compliance, bank, product development, architecture, finance and fraud management, revenue assurance, AML teams. Information security, network operation center (NOC)
· Recommend ways to develop a robust application & platform monitoring architecture.
· Develop understanding of service assurance and monitoring capabilities of DFS
-Within 60 days to onwards you will:
· Continue to get to know your relevant stakeholders e.g. business, infrastructure, compliance, bank, product development, architecture, finance and fraud management, revenue assurance, AML teams. Information security, network operation center (NOC)
· Continue to recommend ways to develop a robust application & platform monitoring architecture.
· Start working on automating service alarms, events and alerts in a centralized repository.
· Start getting involved in investigations related to application and platform performance KPIs, platform security incidents, fraud related incidents.
· Make a plan to interrupt each new requirement phase for each new product and suggest service assurance & monitoring mechanism.
· You will make sure that adequate data will be sourced by a new system or will be available in logs, database or through events for service monitoring and assurance.
A Bit about You:
Must have 5+ years of required experience, We are looking for someone who has delivered on challenging projects and has taken end-to-end responsibility from planning to production. Prior experience of Mobile Financial Services, Banking / Telecom industry will be an added advantage. The person must be a graduate at least in computer sciences.
· Will be responsible for Service assurance & Monitoring for all DFS platforms
· Should have hands on experience in integrating some open source monitoring platforms like SCOM / Nagios / Big Panda / SolarWinds or any Network Monitoring Tools / Splunk / ELK / Grafana / Cloud Watch / Slack
· Develop Service monitoring and assurance related alerts, events and triggers.
· Should have hands on experience on Linux & Windows Servers
· Should have expert level knowledge of SQL (Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL). The concepts must be clear.
· Must have worked previously on defining and implementing controls and monitoring mechanism for platforms
· Configuration of application monitoring, real user monitoring and synthetic monitoring solutions across platforms.
· Cooperation with solution architects to analyze applications environment and prepare application monitoring solution concept.
· Support process improvements
· Cooperation with application developers and operations teams.
· Ensure that application monitoring solutions and services meet customer´s business needs.
· Understanding of web server technologies, data base technologies, networks, communication protocols
· Understanding of cloud environments like Azure or AWS
· Hands-on experience of scripting in Shell / PowerShell
· Experience in implementation and maintenance of monitoring tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Zabbix, BMC TrueSight, Site24x7, Elastic Stack etc. [at least 1 implementation is required.]
· Experience in working with ITSM systems like ServiceNow, Jira etc
· English on a communication level
A Bit about Us:
· DFS Technology team comprises of the following sub-teams.
o Product Developmento Product Architecture
o Software Development
o FS Operations
o Information Security
o Service Assurance & Monitoring Team.
· Service Assurance & Monitoring team members will be response for end-to-end service assurance and monitoring. They will engage in developing different KPIs for all DFS platforms. Service Alerts, Triggers, Actions.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A Reporting to Manager Service Assurance with responsibility to ensure information security compliances of all DFS applications and related platforms along with ensuring Penetration Testing of all changes/new features before and after deployment as need may be.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Information security deterrence for DFS applications and platforms
· Establishing sustainable and reliable Service monitoring for all DFS Platforms and applications.
To collaborate and produce effective business results, the role requires
· Teamwork & collaboration.
· Vision and strategic thinking.
· The ability to build strong relationships with External Teams: Convinces to adapt secure coding practices and testing post application development to avoid frauds and prevent leakage of confidential information accordingly.
· The ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams: Elaborates the technical terminologies to explain the processes for application/system penetration for detection of viruses/bugs in the system.
Must have hands on experience for the candidate
· Middleware/Mediation layer management, configuration, deployment
· Should have hands on experience in integrating some open source monitoring platforms like SCOM / Nagios / Splunk etc.
· Excellent knowledge of alarms development, alarms aggregation and alarms correlation.
· Good knowledge of ITIL.
· BE/MS in Computer sciences/Software or similar
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.