Senior Product Designer
Vineti is the first commercial cloud-based platform to expand patient access to life-saving cell and gene therapies. Vineti was co-founded by GE and the Mayo Clinic to solve the key challenges patients, medical providers, biopharmaceutical companies and regulators face in the delivery and commercialization of 21st century medicine. The Vineti platform integrates logistics, manufacturing and clinical data to improve product performance overall. Caregivers and pharmaceutical pioneers are empowered to help more patients more effectively and safely, treatments are better understood and improved over time, and most importantly, there’s an opportunity to provide greater health outcomes—and cures—to patients in need. Leading pharmaceutical companies and organizations, such as the American Red Cross, are adopting Vineti’s platform to expand patient access to cell therapy products. Vineti is backed by GE Ventures, Mayo Clinic Ventures, DFJ, Canaan, Section 32, and Casdin Capital.
About the Role
Vineti is in an exciting period of rapid growth. We are looking for an engaging and effective Senior Product Designer to lead design for complex healthcare systems. This person has a deep background in healthcare and service design. This person also thrives in a fast-paced environment where we work together in balanced teams to solve problems, with a focus on making our work reusable and visible throughout the organization. In this role, you will work across disciplines, partnering with Product Management and Customer Success, supporting Engineering and Quality Assurance with a mindset towards design that has the most impact and will enable greater patient access to life-changing therapies.
What you'll be doing
- Research users in a complex system. Observe diverse users in various medical and pharma settings to understand the system and their experience and pain points. Synthesize and prioritize research findings, and work with stakeholders to translate opportunities into design requirements. Propagate knowledge and understanding of research and its value.
- Collaborate across teams. Work with fellow designers, product managers and engineers to generate multiple designs to solve a need, evaluate tradeoffs, and test and implement the most promising solutions. Work in balanced teams, with a focus on understanding of our customers through frequent, lean research and design activities. Plan and facilitate exercises solving single problems.
- Mentor others in design. Integrate design thinking into the fabric of the organization by mentoring junior designers and coaching teammates.
- Documenting designs. As a medical service, our functionality must pass regulatory muster. Fully flesh out and document designs and workflows as needed for validation and testing.
- Maintain design standards. Uphold and expand design guidelines for reusability across the company from Product Management and Engineering to Marketing and Customer Success.
The following experience and skills are important to us
- Training. Formal training (Bachelors/Masters) in Design, HCI or related field, with 5 or more years of professional experience as a UX designer. Demonstrated experience crafting usable interfaces, including research, structure, and flow.
- Service Design. The curiosity and field experience needed to support every part of the organization by understanding who, what, where and how things happen and how those pieces fit together to create a stellar product.
- Design leadership. Excited by being a voice of design for the company and comfortable promoting the value and processes of design to teammates, customers and executives.
- Healthcare industry. Knowledge of the healthcare space and its regulatory and design challenges.
- Lean Startup experience. Innovate and iterate on ideas by incrementally designing, shipping and validating products that drive business goals.
- Collaborative. Ability to interact with both technical and nontechnical people to complete a project.
- Process-oriented. Experience working with Agile software teams, and an interest in shaping and improving team processes.
- Enterprise UX experience
- DesignOps mindset
Company culture and benefits
- Mission driven and passionate about making things that matter in healthcare and solving complex problems in personalized medicine
- We’re a fast growing company backed by major investors
- Equity with competitive health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours and remote work when needed
- Open vacation policy – take time when you need it
- Opportunities for growth