Marketing Data Scientist
Analytics & Research /
Vinted is the world’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 30+ million members in 12 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand fashion the first choice globally.
A team of more than 450 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, and Warsaw develop and support our platform. We have a unique work culture that’s based on trust, honesty, and attention to self-development.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist/Econometrician who can help us manage our data better, scale more efficiently and effectively, and grow Vinted on a global scale. You’ll be joining our experienced TV/Offline Marketing team, where we focus on expanding our core markets and conquering new ones. Personally, you will focus on creating new econometrically-sound methods to measure marketing efficiency, improving and automating already-developed analytical solutions and tools, and building a scalable marketing analytics infrastructure. You’ll also be a part of the Analysts’ Guild – a team of smart and curious data geeks who will offer you all the support you need to excel in this position.
So if you like playing around with data, creating models, doing a bit of coding on the side and learning new skills – Vinted is just the place for you.
In this position, you will:
- Analyse and develop tracking/optimisation algorithms for multi-million euro TV and digital campaigns
- Develop and improve statistical tools to automate campaign tracking, analysis, reporting, forecasting, and optimisation
- Integrate external tools and databases with our custom in-house data warehouse system
- Communicate the results to your team and other stakeholders
- Help your teammates with analytical tasks on an ongoing basis
- Learn new programming and statistical languages
- Author data pipelines via Spark- and Scala-based ETL framework
- Create better processes, generate ideas, and lead change
- Experienced in statistical modelling (regressions) and analysis
- University education (BSc, MSc, or higher) focused on statistical analysis, big data, econometrics, or programming
- Advanced knowledge of at least one statistical language or program (R, Python, Stata, Statistica, Matlab, etc.)
- Able to effortlessly extract and transform data with SQL queries
- Willing to be a team player
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent knowledge of R and/or Scala languages in particular
- Experience in management consulting or acquisition marketing
- Prior experience in machine learning and algorithm design
- Opportunity to join our stock options programme
- Learning budget (13.2% from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- All the tech you need to do your job
- A canteen that serves homemade food at discounted prices
- Monthly team-building events
- Free Pilates classes and in-house gym
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
The salary range for this position is 2100-3250 EUR gross per month.
If this sounds like a challenge you’re up for, please send us your CV and a cover letter. We’ll be in touch.