Machine Learning Engineer
Engineering – Product Engineering /
Vinted is Europe’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 37 million members in 13 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
A team of over 600 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, and Utrecht develops and supports our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growing.
You’ll be part of the Machine Learning Hub team, which is focused on developing machine learning empowered features for our members. We’re upgrading how we use machine learning to make our product better, so you’ll be part of a small, expanding team with focus on recognising opportunities, building production-ready models and monitoring them.
You’ll be working with a state-of-the-art tech stack: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark, Kubeflow, MLFlow, Google Cloud Platform.
In this position you will:
- Develop ML-based features that have a significant impact on our members' experience
- Together with the team, discover new opportunities to apply ML in Vinted
- Define data requirements and engineer features for ML models
- Select, train, validate, optimise, and deploy ML models
- Work with both structured and unstructured data
- Use both neural networks and classic ML models
- Apply Agile and Lean principles in your work
- 3+ years of experience in Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Data Science or related areas
- Strong Python coding skills
- Deep understanding of fundamental ML concepts like model parameters, metrics, biases, and datasets
- Experience building models for various ML problems
- Experience working with deep learning projects using PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Excellent at communicating in spoken and written English
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Advantage: Strong data analysis skills
- Advantage: Experience productionising ML models
- Advantage: Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or AWS
- Advantage: Experience with MLOps tools (KubeFlow, MLFlow, Seldon, etc.)
- Opportunity to join our share options programme
- Learning budget (13.2% from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- Remote workout classes
- A canteen that serves homemade food at friendly prices
- Monthly team-building events
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
The salary range for this position is 3,300–4,800 € (gross) per month.
If this sounds interesting, you may be just who we need. Apply and we’ll be in touch.