Strategic Partnership Team Lead, Shipping
Vilnius / Berlin /
Shipping Business Unit – Strategic Partnerships /
Vinted is the world’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace. We back sustainable consumption and want to make second-hand fashion the first choice worldwide.
Last year Vinted raised €128 million and passed a valuation of one billion euros. Currently, 37 million people use our platform, which is developed and supported by a team of more than 700 people from our offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague and Utrecht. We have a unique work culture that’s based on trust, honesty, and attention to self-improvement.
Our members send more than 10 million packages every month. To power our fast-growing global business, we need a strong shipping team that can build relationships, adapt to different markets, and strike the lowest-cost, highest-convenience shipping deals for our members around the world.
We’re looking for a Strategic Partnership Team Lead, Shipping to join our Shipping Business Unit. In this role, you will create and maintain excellent shipping processes, manage a team of other account managers, lead strategic partnerships, and manage performance management of shipping operations. By improving existing partnerships and building new ones, the person in this role will be crucial to the company’s growth strategy.
Your team’s main task is to understand the shipping requirements for different markets, to investigate and identify the most suitable shipping providers, and to negotiate the best possible shipping deals. You will also be responsible for monitoring the performance of our shipping partners.
In this position, you will:
- Demonstrate leadership by not only managing your own team, but by getting involved in day-to-day tasks first hand.
- Manage the financial performance of our shipping deals, ensuring that contracts are both cost-effective for us and high-value for our members
- Monitor partnerships with our shipping providers while improving service quality and expanding our shipping network
- Maintain an up-to-date overview of shipping networks throughout Europe
- Investigate shipping logistics for new and existing markets, including market research and competitor research
- Communicate effectively with potential shipping providers to ensure that our business requirements are fully met
- Collect and negotiate shipping proposals and secure contracts with new shipping partners
- Take on ad-hoc tasks with your close-knit team, while helping to improve our systems and processes
- Have at least five years of customer relationship or account management experience
- Experience with hiring and developing a team of people
- Have excellent team-management skills
- Are knowledgeable about shipping processes
- Have strong negotiation skills
- Have an analytical approach to daily tasks and decision making
- Have excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Can work with ease under pressure
- Are able to meet tight deadlines while handling multiple projects at once
- Are friendly, approachable, and enjoy building good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Opportunity to join our share options programme
- Learning budget (13.2% from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- A canteen that serves homemade food at friendly prices
- Monthly team-building events
- Remote workout classes
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
The salary range for this position is 3869 - 5382 Eur GROSS / month.
If this sounds interesting – you may well be just who we need. Apply and we’ll be in touch.