Machine Learning Team Lead
Vinted is the world’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 25 million members in 12 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
A team of more than 400 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, and Warsaw develop and support our platform. We have a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growth.
Team Vinted is looking for a Machine Learning Team Lead. If you are a Senior Machine Learning Engineer or Data Scientist and have leadership experience – perfect. If you're lacking in leadership experience but are ready to grow into this type of role – great.
As our new Machine Learning Team Lead, you’ll lead a team focused on enabling machine learning in our company and building deep learning models that are used directly in our product. Your main responsibilities will be looking after the health, morale, and efficiency of your team – and, of course, making sure that your team contributes to our vision of making second-hand first choice.
In this position, you’ll:
- Work in a team and shape features that make our members’ lives better
- Help the team define scope, requirements, and features for machine learning projects
- Communicate with other Team Leads and Directors in order to make technical decisions that involve machine learning
- Work with Product Owners to define goals for your team
- Keep your team effective by building and maintaining processes and workflows
- Help our Head and Directors of Engineering understand and improve the whole Engineering organisation
- Collaborate with Machine Learning Developers in your team through GitHub pull requests and code reviews
- Focus on the professional and personal growth of your team members, including conducting performance and compensation reviews
- Build and maintain a team of people who trust each other, are not afraid of conflict, are committed and accountable, and who care about results
- Apply Agile and Lean principles in your work
- You are a leader
- You know how to make teams effective
- You are goal-oriented
- You’ve built machine learning systems in production
- You have experience working with deep learning models
- You’ve worked with TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Opportunity to join our stock options programme
- Learning budget (13.2% from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- A canteen that serves homemade food at discounted prices
- Monthly team-building events
- Free Pilates classes and in-house gym equipment
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
The salary range for this position is 4,600–7,200 € (gross) per month.
Please send us your CV or point us to your LinkedIn profile. We’ll be in touch once we’ve reviewed your application.