Technical Support Agent Remote/Part-Time Weekends
Omaha, NE /
PetIQ Omaha – Information Technology /
Full Time, Non-Exempt
PetIQ provides convenient and affordable pet health and wellness products and veterinary services to pets and their families through retail and ecommerce channels across the country. We are advocates for pet parents, because we believe that all pet parents should be able to provide necessary care that enhances the lives of their pets.
Why join the PetIQ Team?
· Great company culture
· Company is in growth mode, come be a part of our exciting growth
Full time employee benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Flex Spending Account
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Paid Holidays and PTO
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
The Technical Support Agent is a customer support and technical resource for users of PetIQ’s practice information management system, VetSpire. In this role, the Technical Support Agent is the initial point of contact for employee incidents, problems, and assistance with this. The role is responsible for logging and resolving, employee issues with the practice management system. Works closely with assigned mentor and IT product manager to develop and improve technical service skills, uses provided support tools, learns effective troubleshooting techniques, and increases product knowledge.
- Answers and processes incoming technical support issues effectively and efficiently to optimize the employee experience
- Documents all employee-related issues, including creation of tickets, steps and actions taken, and results and resolutions obtained throughout each call
- Follows proper troubleshooting steps, ask clarifying questions, and discovers root cause of concerns
- Escalates issues as needed within Technical Support team or to other internal teams such as Accounting, Sales, IT, or marketing
- Educates customers on product use and provides assistance in fully utilizing available features to improve productivity
- Provides technical support for iPads used by field employees
- Configuration and technical support for credit card terminals used in PetIQ business locations
- Maintains effective call ownership by providing timely resolutions, maintaining contact and management of open items
- Provides information to create Knowledge Base articles on a regular basis to update employee and team member education
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that complies with all Company policies and procedures including World Wide Business Standards
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments
- 1+ Years of experience in a high-volume call center or equivalent technical support experience
- Ability to enter data at a rate of 40 wpm
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous technical support experience
- Experience with computer/software/network troubleshooting
- Veterinary industry, Veterinary Tech, and/or veterinary clinic experience
PetIQ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
By submitting this application, I certify that my answers are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. If this application leads to employment, I understand that false or misleading information in my application or interview may result in my release.