Clinic Assistant - Veterinary Wellness Center
VIP Petcare – Operations
Part Time, Non-Exempt
VIP Petcare is the premier provider of pet wellness and non-emergency veterinary services. We deliver affordable, and convenient veterinary services in a friendly, positive environment. Our Wellness Centers provide high quality preventive and wellness pet care services, including diagnostic tests, vaccinations, preventative medications, microchipping, nail trims, and more! VIP Petcare is committed to pet health and wellness! The assistant provides professional, efficient, and positive support to our clients, pets, and doctors. They’ll answer client questions, and walk them through our clinic process.
Starting pay is $14.00/hour.
- Keeping the examination areas clean and ready for patients
- Preparing vaccines
- Holding pets for wellness procedures and sample collection
- Preparing samples for outside laboratory testing
- Making recommendations for services and products aligned with our Standard of Care
- Leading a culture of safety in your center
- Collecting payment and reviewing discharge paperwork with clients.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous customer service or sales experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work schedule, which includes varied days and times, most weekends, and some holiday work
- Reliable transportation to center
- Must successfully pass criminal background check
Skills and Abilities
- Must enjoy and be comfortable working with primarily dogs and cats of all sizes, temperaments and breeds, including handling and lifting animals as necessary
- Present professional appearance and positive conduct
- Punctuality and dependability highly valued
- Knowledge of basic sales principles and application while making recommendations to clients
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
Environment and Physical
- Lifting up to 150 pounds assisted, and 50 pounds without assistance
- Standing, walking, and moving about for prolonged periods of time
VIP Petcare is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.