SENIOR DIRECTOR, PROGRAM LEADERSHIP - HIV CURE
United States- REMOTE /
Program Leadership – Program Leadership /
Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking a Program Executive (PE) to serve as the development team leader and single point of accountability for an early stage clinical development program targeting HIV cure. In collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Vir HIV Cure program involves development of multiple assets with unique immunomodulatory properties that can target HIV.
The PE is responsible for defining an overarching program strategy that is articulate and ensures that the short and mid-term executional plans are carried out to meet critical Vir business objectives. The PE will partner closely with executive leadership and external partners to ensure strategic alignment on objectives and to secure resources and budget to accomplish program goals. The PE will lead a cross-functional team to develop and achieve planned milestones and will report into the Head of Product Development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- The HIV Cure PE is the owner of the program’s strategic plan and timeline and is the single accountable decision maker on behalf of the program.
- Ensures the program is adequately resourced has active input/oversight of major budget -impacting decisions.
- Leads a team of cross-functional experts to align on key objectives and milestones and develop appropriate risk management strategies.
- Oversees the team and is accountable for Team’s performance
- Works closely with Alliance Management and external development partners to ensure alignment of program goals, strategy and status.
- Ability to cultivate excellent cross-functional relationships and develop and motivate team performance
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred experience is a minimum of BA/BS with eighteen (18) years OR MA/MS/MBA with sixteen (16) OR PhD/JD/PharmD with thirteen (13) OR BOARD-CERT MD with eight(8) of proven experience in drug development, an advanced degree in life sciences or medical field or demonstrated accomplishment at a similar level.
- Demonstrated understanding of early-stage drug development as well as demonstrated cross-functional leadership skills in a matrix environment. Although previous experience as a Product Development Team Leader is not required, you should have demonstrated strategic leadership in the context of a cross-functional drug development team.
- Familiarity with product development in infectious disease indications and/or development of immunology-based approaches is preferred. However, the PE role is open to individuals with diverse technical backgrounds in pharmaceutical development; the ability to quickly learn and assimilate key elements of new areas into a strategic plan is key.
- Strong decision-making and analytical skills are required.
- Oral and written communication and influencing skills with a proven track record to work with executive management and external stakeholders are critical to the success of the role.
- Working in a global environment and with partnered assets is desirable
This role may be performed remotely if VIR can support remote work arrangements in the state where you currently reside. This includes most states within the US. If you move forward in the hiring process, VIR recruiters will discuss options with you.
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.