San Francisco, CA
Development – Biometrics and Statistics
Vir is a science-driven company guided by medical need. Vir integrates diverse innovations in science, technology, and medicine to transform the care of people with serious infectious diseases. Vir is taking a multi-program, multi-platform approach to applying these breakthroughs, including the development of treatments that induce protective and therapeutic immune responses. Vir’s scale and scope together with leading scientific and management expertise, allow it to perform significant internal R&D, in license or acquire innovative technology platforms and assets, and fund targeted academic research.
Vir Bio is seeking an experienced Statistician, Biostatistics. This person will be the statistician for multiple projects with any level of complexity. They will Serve as a departmental resource for complex statistical questions, study design considerations, and protocol development. They will collaborate in cross-functional drug development teams to develop and execute innovative development strategies for compounds entering early clinical development.
- Works collaboratively with staff from Clinical Development such as Clinical Research, Clinical Data Management, Statistical Programing, and Clinical Operation, as well as other Clinical, Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory and Project Management staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for statistical data analysis and reporting.
- Serves as function representative in internal and external teams across multifunctional project or functional areas
- Is expected to oversee and contribute to the completion of all technical and operational statistical activities for a group of clinical trials for a compound/indication or equivalent through management of internal and external resources
- Implements strategic initiatives
- Works with the Head of the Biometrics Department and department peers to develop and monitor the department strategic direction and its alignment with company strategies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates advanced data analytic expertise based on a foundation of statistical principles and a strong track record of applied experience leading to successful program support. Is effective in the use of relevant computational tools for study, experiment, or trial research objectives. Applies high quality statistical methodology in assigned projects with demonstrated understanding of the disease/scientific/functional area and health authority acceptability.
- Has a thorough understanding of clinical trials design and reporting process, as well as regulatory reporting requirements including electronic data submissions.
- Should have a strong statistical methods research background, as demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed statistical journals. Provides senior level review of various technical documents. Ability to examine issues from various perspectives and apply appropriate concepts to address situations. Must be able to determine the functions most critical to company success and to support priorities within functional area
- Has the ability to resolve study related issues and conflicts within a therapeutic project.
- PhD or equivalent degree in statistics/biostatistics or related disciplines with 10 years relevant work experience
VIR is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.