Senior Account Executive
Sales – Account Management /
Virtual Facility is a NYC-based building intelligence and workflow optimization SaaS startup. We help critical facility managers better-understand their operations and promote efficiency improvement through data-driven work.
Virtual Facility’s tech leverages the latest in big-data and machine learning to drive real-time engineering and operations management support for mission-critical large scale commercial facilities.
We're backed by leading venture capital firms, including Camber Creek, Primary, and Ubiquity Ventures, and are fortunate to count major healthcare networks and hospitals, research universities, data centers, and government institutions as our customers. Our team is fully-remote in the US; no relocation required.
What we're looking for:
We’re seeking a talented B2B enterprise software sales account executive individual who has not only proven their abilities in uncovering and closing in the facilities space, but has lived the journey from startup to a high growth sales organization. The ideal candidate has experience in a substantially-similar, quota-carrying, consultative customer-facing role within an enterprise SaaS organization. This role will report to the VP of Sales.
As part of the team you will:
- Build and manage pipeline by developing business from own prospecting, existing accounts, and sales leads from BDR team
- Support BDR team to identify and reach key decision makers
- Manage complex sales cycles to close net new enterprise customers and nurture developing accounts through a disciplined “land & expand” strategy
- Incorporate customer perspective, drivers, and product/service relevancy to deliver persuasive client presentations and sales material
- Work cross-functionally across the organization to leverage subject matter expertise and tactical help in order to drive opportunities to close
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms to close sale as required
- Build and maintain account expansion plan for existing customers including development of multiple champions throughout the organization
- Lead account expansion efforts with the support Customer Success to renew annual customers as well as identify and win upsell opportunities throughout the account
- Maintain and communicate an accurate sales forecast
- Work closely with the VP of Sales to enhance sales processes
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on sales product feedback and market research
- Maintain detailed notes and log activity into CRM
- 6+ years of quota carrying enterprise software or SaaS closer experience
- Proven ability to close 6-figure deals across a wide range of industry verticals
- Proven account management success in expanding existing accounts
- Experience working in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Prior experience managing deals with complex enterprise institutions involving numerous stakeholders and navigating internal politics
- Proven experience communicating, negotiating, and closing with executives and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through
- Strong organizational skills managing multiple opportunities and accounts at various sales stages
- Strong operating and management skills; equally comfortable being in the weeds and leading internal and external teams
- Team player mentality (we’re peers, no egos please)
- Fully-distributed team - remote in continental US time zones welcome
- Competitive compensation incl. equity
- Fully-paid health insurance options, free One Medical membership, 401k, and other supplemental benefits through Justworks
- Choose your OS - we'll set you up with a powerful Mac, Windows, or Linux laptop + monitor plus any accessories and software you need for the job
- Subsidies for home office set-up and discounts with Branch
- A dozen all-company holidays and flexible PTO - we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year for vacation (or whatever you want). This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation -- we take time to recharge
- Ground floor positions with a fast-growing startup - that means your work is sure to have a big impact and there are many potential career paths ahead!
Virtual Facility believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries around the 75th percentile based on compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage and everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The salary range for this role is $120,000 - $140,000 with an OTE of $240,000 - $280,000.
Virtual Facility is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating and fostering an inclusive environment for all employees and partners of our business.
Visa sponsorship is not currently available for this role.
As a federal contractor, Virtual Facility is required to adhere to E-Verify requirements. Effective June 26, 2023, Virtual Facility began processing all new hires through E-Verify. E-Verify is an online system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration that enables employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States. Please reference the most recent E-Verify posters here for more information.